Author Topic: 2 MONTHS POST RADIATION  (Read 3361 times)

Patch

2 MONTHS POST RADIATION
« on: September 02, 2007, 08:45:43 am »

Hi everyone,  Just wanted to follow up on my 2 month's post radiation. I know it may seem to early for this. So far, i have had ringing in an side and some days of unsteadyness ( balance off ) . Is this normal and will this go away with time. Next month, I have my follow up with the radiologist with a new MRI scheduled in Dec.  All I want for Christmas this year is this thing being dead   ;).  Please let me know if anyone has had similiar problems and if the go away with time.

Thank You

Mark Rice
Delaware, Ohio 

Radiation 7/07 for 17mm AN, Had my 2 year MRI 07/09, An now 13mm.

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
Re: 2 MONTHS POST RADIATION
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 08:08:57 pm »
Hey Mark- I had cyberknife but prior to radiation I never had a balance issue- only lately do I feel slightly lightheaded but I think that's because of my sinus medication but it could be the tumor! I go in for my first follow up MRI on the 19th.. 7 months after the treatment.  Doctors told me not to get to excited about seeing necrosis (cell death) this tumor took a long time to grow, it will take a long time to die...AYAYAY (could be a song..)

I still have slight ringing in ear, it  gets loud at night when I've been in a noisy situation or in the car all day- background noise, but it clears up by the next morning.

I would think your symptons are normal but scroll the website... take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

marguerite

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 08:53:07 am »
hi mark - i am 9 months after radiation and i was told the tumor would get bigger before shrinking and to not be concerned of size the next MRI (which is next month). the radiation oncologist said it would shrink and go away, but the ent said the radiation only stops it from growing. not sure who to believe. i have frequent ringing in an ear and have pretty much walked into walls and door frames for 10 yrs (many a bruised sholders). my mother would say i was low on blood sugar, ha-ha. now we really know the cause. i refer to my an as "bif" as when i found out the first day ... all i kept saying was "benign is fine, benign is fine"!!! after radiation my radiation oncologist would say"how's bif?"  Hopefully being evicted!!!

marguerite

Hi everyone,  Just wanted to follow up on my 2 month's post radiation. I know it may seem to early for this. So far, i have had ringing in an side and some days of unsteadyness ( balance off ) . Is this normal and will this go away with time. Next month, I have my follow up with the radiologist with a new MRI scheduled in Dec.  All I want for Christmas this year is this thing being dead   ;).  Please let me know if anyone has had similiar problems and if the go away with time.

Thank You

Mark Rice
Delaware, Ohio 

Dana

• Hi!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 03:22:15 pm »
I'm about 2-1/2 months post GK radiation also so I thought I'd chime in here.  Without any medical-profession input, I'm pretty sure my AN has swelled, hopefully temporarily!  My hearing, my white-noise tinnitus, my balance and my "full head/full ear" feeling are all a little worse, which is bothersome but not debilitating, so I'm fine with it.  Just hope it's part of necrosis (or "mummy-producing") process.
Dana
1.5 cm AN diagnosed June 2007.   GammaKnife July 19, 2007 at Univ. of Washington/Harborview GK Center, Drs. Rockhill, Rostomily. 
After yearly MRIs for 5 years, it hadn't died. So I'm now leaning strongly toward surgery.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 03:43:22 pm »
Hi

My GK was in April of "ought 6", so it's been a while.  My balance issues have been more noticable after GK, but not really bad.  I still have tinnitus, I'm sorry to say, and that hasn't changed.  My AN disturbed my trigeminal nerve and so I have facial numbness which also involves the inside of my mouth and tongue.  If you don't have any of that, consider yourself very lucky! 

Sounds like you are doing good to me.

Sue in vANcouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode