Author Topic: 2007 symposium  (Read 3465 times)

ljedwards

2007 symposium
« on: September 01, 2005, 08:44:56 pm »
Does anyone know where the 2007 symposium will be held?

Thanks,
Jeanne
ljedwards
GK 1998  left side 2.4 x 3.5cm
Midwest GK Center
Kansas City, MO

Raydean

Re: 2007 symposium
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 03:57:27 am »
Shortly after the Symposium this past summer it was mentioned by a poster that the next one would be held in Pittsburg?  At least that's what I think I read. I remember thinking great place to hold it, but a bummer for me with the distance that it'd be for us to travel from the west coast. ANA could confirm if you e-mailed them.

Best to ypu
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Cheryl R

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 06:41:53 am »
The 2007 symposium is going to be in Philadelphia.          I have been to the last 2 but doubt I will go to this next one.                        Cheryl R.
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

sonshine

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 07:46:41 pm »
To those that have been to any of the symposiums in the past few years did you feel it was worth the trip and expense?  I have never been to one, but would like to.

Sonshine

Cheryl R

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 08:12:11 pm »
I have went to the last 2 symposiums and partly did it for the location as we had never been to Disneyland or Disney World before.      If one has had treatment and did well then, one can enjoy it for meeting other ANers.   If you are pre treatment then it is a good way to get info.        I had my surgery 11-01-01 and over time have done pretty well with adjusting to the left over annoyances this surgery brings.        2 yrs ago I was found to have a small tumor in my good ear which makes me NF 2.      I went to the 2005 symposium to get info on this.     Hearing the Drs from House Ear Institute talk was almost like getting a 2nd opinion without going to LA and they are saying what my Iowa City Dr has said also.      Part also depends if you can afford the expense if you are a distance away.    Both trips were a big expense with the extra sightseeing we did but I am glad we did it.          There were several there this time who had been to the Calif symposium also, howver never came across any current users of this site.   At the Calif one,there were several.   
                                        Cheryl R.
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

philadelphia1

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 06:55:49 am »
I've never been to the ANA convention but I live in Philadelphia and it's a great city.  The convention center is in the middle of Center City and there are great restaurants and things to see and do downtown.  You can do the whole thing without ever getting into a car which is good because gas will probably $5 a gallon in 2 more years.

ML
Philadelphia
<1cm AN
FSR (26 treatments), Dec 2005 - Jan 2006
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia