Author Topic: Long Term results of FSR treatment  (Read 2349 times)

Pablo

Long Term results of FSR treatment
« on: June 09, 2007, 09:37:40 am »

Hi, I had  FSR treatment one year ago, I'm about to go through my second MRI ,the first one, according to the doctor, it shows some signs of necrosis in the middle and a little bit  of shrinkage. However I was wondering if anyone went through FSR several years ago and can report whether the tumor has indeed stopped growing. I've read some cases over the internet in which people had good results based on 1 year MRI and then discover that the tumor has grown back after several years.

Any feedback or information about this will be greatly appreciated.

Regrads
Pablo
2.5 cm x 3.0 cm  right side
FSR  7/2006
Cabrini Medical Center, NYC

Mark

Re: Long Term results of FSR treatment
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 02:01:40 pm »
Pablo,

In my case, I'll be getting my 6 year MRI in November, but up to this point my checks were about a 20% shrinkage after year 1 , stable in years 2 and 3 and slightly smaller in year 4. According to my neurosurgeon, he considers an AN which is demonstrating stability at the end of 3 years to be the defining point of treatment success. He has never had one fail after that and I promised him I would try to not mess up his record  ;D . I had CK over 3 days, but I would think the same standard would apply to any radiosurgery treatment.

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

Pablo

Re: Long Term results of FSR treatment
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 11:58:29 am »
Thank you Mark for the note. I also wish you stick to the statistics and be well  ;). I'm looking forward to see similar results with my treatment as well.
Regards
2.5 cm x 3.0 cm  right side
FSR  7/2006
Cabrini Medical Center, NYC