Author Topic: Reversed healing  (Read 2858 times)

TastyKakeman

• 2.0cm removed John Hopkins Dr Henry Brem .
Reversed healing
« on: June 05, 2007, 08:11:26 am »
Hi Everyone, I have posted a few times and it has been some time since then. I am 9 months post-op and I am experiencing reverse healing. Left side AN, lost hearing left side , droop lip left side. Now I see that the left side lips are being pull upward. At one time my lips were straight across. I also have a noticeable speech problem developing. Just this past weekend I have fallen for no reason. Luckily someone was there. I have an appointment today for a MRI by my doctor. My head has that fullness and pain is intermittent at different spots in my head. I call them shadow pains. 9 months and still no improvement in my vestibular or my mobility. The question I have has anyone experienced reverse healing.

Bob
Bob

1wareagle

Re: Reversed healing
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 10:05:14 am »
Bob,

I am now 5 mts post-op. I have the same problems, droopy face, can't blink and no right side hearing. The one thing I had going for me is I have been feeling great till this past week. I have been so exausted after work till I have to lay down when I get home. Also I have been getting off and on sharp pains in my head on the AN side. All of this has me worried. I read where lots of others have this from day one but I haven't till now. It has had me worried for a week now. I was hoping I had a virus or something else but I've just about ruled that out. This whole journey is such a mystery and seem to get stranger by the day! My wife doesn't seem to understand. She tells me that I'm reading this forum too much and imagining all these symptoms. I know that it looks strange to her because I have been so full of energy until now. I hope it's not reverse healing!

Ellis
Ellis- Age 50- Mississippi
3.2 cm AN Translab w/ BAHA Surgery
@ House Ear Clinic - LA - 01/04/07    Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hilselberger, Dr. Stefan
Platinum weight in right eye-Dr. Roberts
Right side facial paralysis (slowly getting movements)

kkweiher

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 04:04:11 pm »
Ellis,

My boyfriend tells me the same thing when I try to relate to him how I feel on certain days.. ::) ??? It really ticks me off at times but I have tried to keep in mind he is probably just as tired of me feeling weird as I am (or close).  If I have stayed home all weekend and done NOTHING but rest and sleep then the beginning of the week is okay.  It seems if I do anything at all I am zapped with no energy to function.  My balance becomes NO BALANCE, my words don't come out of my mouth right and my head has many more instances of the pain contractions (thats what I call them, they only last seconds but get your attention) and I have that foggy head feeling.  Joe keeps saying I thought you were suppose to be getting better but it seems as if you are healing backwards.. Except the hair is growing back. :D FINALLY.  I hate that we are feeling like this and it really does feel like the healing process is going the wrong direction..  I do feel lucky to be hear and having the opportunity to see if I am crazy or just healing!!!!  After reading so many post I don't think you can tell how things are going to turn out for us.  We are all so different with the healing process.

By the way your picture did n't look drunk.... We leave this Friday and I hope to have a blast.  I'm pretty sure I will as long as I stay away from the railing.  We have a balcony room this time but I do not know if I will have the nerve to be out there.  I don't want to become a news story about falling passengers lol.
Kimbra
AN 1.6x2.5x2.0,removed by trans lab approach 3-16-07 by Dr. Michael McGee ENT and Donnie Horton Neurologist at Baptist hosp, Okc.  Took 10hrs.

Boppie

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 06:01:23 pm »
Kimbra, Hang in there!  Your surgery was less than 6 months ago.  You are still healing.  I had days of backwards and forwards  as late as one year post op.  As time goes by the good days will be weeks and weeks long followed by one or two off balance and tired days.  Keep a good outlook.  The last time I was down, it rained for a week.  Well that depressess anybody's enthusiasm.  My husband offered to take me back to the neuro for a check-up!  He was tired of my backslides, too!  But things do get better and better.  I am 18 months post op and today I bragged, "My hand writing is as nice as ever now!"  Wow! that is something I had complained about since surgery in 12/05  Small steps lead to giant steps.

Have a giant blast!

Jill Marie

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 10:44:58 pm »
Ellis,  It sounds like your wife is worried about you and is hoping you are alright, not that you actually are feeling things because of what you read here.  I know that everytime I have a medical issue I worry about it a lot more than I did before the tumor and if it's something that affects my face I worry about another tumor.  The tumor side of my face has been bothering me for a few days and I know it's not just in my HEAD, he, he!  At first I could feel a bit of pain just below my eye, then the next morning the pain was running along my ear.  It feels as though it is bruised, that night I could feel the pain down to where they took the nerve for my graft.  Mind you it's been 15 years since my tumor was removed.  I started working out at the club this week and was hoping that was the problem, despite the fact I've never felt like this before, then tonight I remembered I got rear ended last friday.  I'm guessing that between getting hit and working out again I've upset my body, at least that's what I'm hoping for.  Feel pretty good about it now.  In other words, things aren't always as they seem, give yourself a chance to rest and heal.  There are many things going on in your body and life right now and you have to let things run there course.  Every year or so I still get a stabbing pain and my eye will water for a minute, every now and then I HEAR ringing in my ear, still after 15 years.  Goodluck! 
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.