Author Topic: 5 weeks post-op - foggy & heavy headed ??  (Read 2540 times)

mch

5 weeks post-op - foggy & heavy headed ??
« on: May 29, 2007, 09:13:58 pm »
Have read through many subjects /topics on this forum, haven't seen reference to how I am feeling. I don't have any facial,eye nerve damage - but
have this very heavy head that makes me feel extremely fogged in coupled with the lack of balance aspect. At times it seems to lift but has made me
feel best that I am not driving as similar to being on a cold capsule and not fully there. I did some work at the office today and struggled, I joked that
it was like someone that had been drinking to much and was trying to act sober while at work. I have been doing some vestibular exercises and see
some improvement in my balance at times - then again it seems to be worse at others just all of a sudden. Would like to know if this heavy head, solid
and fogged in feeling is common or not? I have lost the hearing on my left side.

Thanks

M

TP

Re: 5 weeks post-op - foggy & heavy headed ??
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 06:16:49 am »
First of all I am very happy you are doing as well as you are reporting and doing exercises - that will help tremendously. No facial issues or nerve damage is fantastic. Having a heavy head or in some cases head aches seem to be common. I hope you have shared this with your Dr just in case. Your message does not say what type of surgery you had or how large your tumor was but you sound like you are doing great. My surgery was almost a year ago and some days my head feels great and some days I have pain in the back of my head and feel wierd even after 11 months. It will take time for this to heal but sounds like you are on the road to recovery.

A little advise, make sure you are resting when you get tired. 
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

FlyersFan68

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 10:33:40 am »
M,
 From experience I know exactly the things you mention. It does completely resolve over time (weeks/ months). It does take time. Challenge yourself and rebuild your endurance. Don't go overboard. Drink plenty of water. Do some vestibular excercises. Shoot some hoops (this really helped me). It was hard for me to stay idle with a 6 years old son. Good Luck

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 05:09:08 pm »
Almost a year out & most times my head still feels stuffed, full, & heavy.  You're doing better than I did if you started working already - took me 2 months.  Like everyone says, get your rest.   Wishing you continued healing,  Nancy
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 06:15:04 pm by nancyann »
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis