Author Topic: Post-Op - Done For Now  (Read 2487 times)

OTO

Post-Op - Done For Now
« on: May 26, 2007, 06:00:07 pm »
Hello Everyone,
Just got back to the room at Seton Guest Ctr.   Feeling run down and a little dizzy, but I'm glad to be done.   The AN was stuck to the facial nerve so they couldn't get it all.   However, Dr. Shwartz said he thinks they got enough that it should grow anymore.   Some facial weakness (jaw and toungue hurts too), but I shouldn't complain.   The House Clinic is a machine, there were four AN surgeries on the 22nd, they run on automation, yet they really give you personal service.  I think all of us were released either yesterday or today.   Amazing...  thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts.   Aloha, OTO

« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 06:01:54 pm by OTO »

1wareagle

Re: Post-Op - Done For Now
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 06:45:24 pm »
OTO,

It's great to hear from you this soon after surgery.  My AN was also stuck to my face nerve. They left a small sliver of the tumor on the nerve to preserve it. They also told me there wasn't enough tumor left to worry about but I can't help but worry. House Clinic is truly amazing. All the Dr's spent plenty of time with me even though they were so busy. Having a place like Seton Hall to re cop in was also a blessing. In the hospital the beds were so uncomfortable and the rooms were so small. My wife tried to stay with me the first night and had to sleep sitting up in a chair. The bed at Seton Hall was like home. So nice! The only thing they need to improve on is the Internet at SH. I would be feeling so bad and it would take for every for the dial up to work. My jaw also hurt to open my mouth. I never asked about it when I went to the Dr but it must be common. It took time to be able to open wide enough to eat very much but it finally got back to normal.

Good luck in your continued recovery,
Ellis

Ellis- Age 50- Mississippi
3.2 cm AN Translab w/ BAHA Surgery
@ House Ear Clinic - LA - 01/04/07    Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hilselberger, Dr. Stefan
Platinum weight in right eye-Dr. Roberts
Right side facial paralysis (slowly getting movements)

Shrnwldr

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 08:15:48 pm »
WOW OTO  I am so glad to hear from you!  I even asked the nurses if you were cuz I knew that your surgery was 3 days after mine.  I got on Wednesday, but was lucky to go back home to Orange County. 

I am so glad that your are on this side of healing now.  Now you can proudly call yourself a "Postie"!  I will be watching to see how your progress is coming along.

Just rest and walk  Yes it really does work!!!!!  I actually walked a whole block today!!!!

Take care and Congratulations  Sharon
2cm x1cm, right side
Surgery: Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jerald V. Robinson, Dr. William Hitselberger, Dr. Michael Stefan.
Hopsital: St Vincent's Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
Date of Surgery: May 18, 2007

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 11:13:23 pm »
Hi Oto, can't believe you're online so soon! I hope it is because you are doing well. My mouth didn't open very far either, and I had jaw pain and a stiff neck (couldn't turn my head to the AN side). The mouth and jaw were better in a week, but the stiff neck lasted for 3 months. I used the kids' smaller utensils for a while! Take care, and nap, nap nap!  Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!