Author Topic: Good news  (Read 4103 times)

Ellid

Good news
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:17:17 am »
I had my second MRI this month, and just learned that the AN has not grown since I was diagnosed last December.  I'm having another MRI in September, and if that one shows no growth, I'll only need to have a yearly MRI.

Thanks to everyone for their support.  I feel much, much more relaxed and confident now.  :D

Lisa
Diagnosed 12/8/06 with 1.6 x 1.4 x 1.3 cm AN right side.  Currently on watch-and-wait with Dr. Michael McKenna, Mass Eye & Ear Infirmary, Boston.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Good news
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 06:31:10 am »
Lisa, Great news! Smooth sailing is what the crew of the PBW likes :)

Hope you can join us at the brunch:

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=2914.new#new

Would be great to meet you... and to have you meet many AN'ers!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 06:18:51 pm »
YEAH!!! GOOD NEWS!!! Loud cheering in background.  Way to go! ;D Thanks Lisa for sharing your news- it's always good to hear that others are making progress. Take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 06:45:03 am »
Great news, Lisa.  Can't wait to see you at Maxwell's!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Derek

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 05:53:35 pm »
Hi Lisa...

That is really excellent  news for you. I have just passed the 5 years marker as a 'wait and watcher' and have my annual MRI next month...hope yours continues in the same fashion.

Regards

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

TP

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 07:27:52 pm »
I had my recent MRI this past Tuesday. There is a little (.5 by .3 centimeter) AN that was left in the bone within my brain. It has not grown any since November and my DR says I don't need to have another MRI until September. We will continue to watch it and if it starts to grow then will discuss our options. I feel fine with the exceptions of occasional head ache in the evening. I am just happy that my facial nerve looked intact on the MRI. I feel confident my facial paralysis will improve over the long haul. My double vision seems to be my biggest pain at this time but at least eye surgery should hopefully correct that sometime in the future.

God is good!   ;) ;)
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

Battyp

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 06:20:01 pm »
Amen TP! ;D
Yeah Lisa!