Author Topic: Newbie AN  (Read 4789 times)

prabakaran

Newbie AN
« on: March 25, 2007, 10:27:03 pm »
Hi  All,

I am new to this Forum. I learnt about my tinnitus a couple of years ago and my ENT did an endoscopy to control my sinusitis. I and he hoped that the tinnitus would stop with that but it continued a year after surgery and when I found about the numbness in my face a couple of months ago I consulted a Neuro surgeon and my MRI showed a 4X4X4 cm tumour. I underwent a surgery and back to work now.

I have problems with my eyes getting dried and I am using Allergan 'Refresh tears'. Kindly let me know if  the drops need to be continued throughout the lifetime or a termination is available.

Cheers,
Praba ???
Cheers,
Praba

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: Newbie AN
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 02:23:56 pm »

How long ago was the surgery ? ... It does get better over time ..(1-3 years) ...

I am looking into getting a eye weight to help.., depending on the help needed .. it will reduce the need for drops.
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 05:35:30 pm »
Hi Praba, & welcome:   I use lubricant at least 5x a day, rarely use drops, they're not strong enough to sustain me a few hours...
                                From what I've seen everyone is different in their need for drops/lubricant; like Joe said, could be 1-3 years...
                                Some people have the dry eye problem for a shorter time, others longer.
                                I'm a little over 9 months out & continue with frequent use of Refresh PM lubricant.
                                I have the complication of facial paralysis & the dry eye is pretty bad as a result.
Best wishes to you,  Nancy
ps.  I recently bought goggles that have a foam piece you soak in warm water to wear at night, I haven't used it yet as my outer eye has been hurting
      from recent eye surgery, & even a little pressure on the outer skin area really hurts.  I plan on letting people know how it works once I can use it.  The name
      of the company is EyeEco if you want to google the site & check it out.  I bought the Basic pair at $39.                                                                             
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

prabakaran

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 09:59:07 pm »
Thankyou both for responding for this Newbie's query.

I underwent surgery just one month back and hence hope I need to wait for lil more period.  I am undergoing the nerve stimulation treatment ( by  passing  bearable electrical stimulation ) to nullify my facial paralysis. My Physiotherapist say that there is mild improvement in the upperlips and it has started moving little.

Cheers,
Praba :D
Cheers,
Praba

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 03:37:11 pm »
Hi Praba,  just an FYI:  There are conflicting views re: electrical stimulation for facial paralysis:  some feel it could cause worsening synkenesis, so I decided against
                                the electrical stimulation ( I'm going to start back up with acupuncture, which my docs kind of chuckle at, but what the heck).
                                Anyway, the acupuncturist wanted to also do electical stim. but I did find an article where Janet Diels, OT (& well known facial exercise therapist)
                                advices against it.....   Don't want to cause you undue concern, but...    you may want to look into it, talk to your physiologist about it).
Take care,  all the best Praba,     Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis