Author Topic: I am home !!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3256 times)

Timjk

I am home !!!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 24, 2007, 07:34:47 am »
Helloooooooooooo... I will fill you all in later on my 44 day adventure called AN surgery and rehab.. for now just know I am doing fine.. I got home yesterday afternoon... If I wouldn't have fallen out of my wheelchair,I would have gotten on my knees and kissed the ground...

Special thanks to Michelle for your contact during my stay..

Tim
Surgery Feb.7th at Moffitt,Tampa. Removed right side AN 3.3 CM plus Chiari Malformation decompression.Second surgery Feb.23rd Ventricle Periphirial Shunt to correct CSF leak.. NO HEARING LOSS.. NO HEADACHES... GOD IS GOOD !!!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: I am home !!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 07:36:24 am »
TIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Welcome home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many of us have been cheering you on and Michelle has done a fabulous job with keeping us updated (as well as your daughter).  It is so darn good to see you back, you "postie" :)

I know it's been rough so hang in there, please get plenty of rest and know we are cheering you on BIG time!

Welcome back!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Obita

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 08:06:53 am »
YIPPEE Timothy!!  We have missed you so!!

Rest up, take some time for yourself and fill us in when you can.

Kathy

ps:  to all new ones out there, Tim was in a wheelchair before surgery due to MD, not because of his surgery! 
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Dealy

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 10:37:18 am »
Tim-SOOOO-good to hear from you. Welcome back. What is the next course for you now. Hope the recupration comes out okay. If you read one of my other posts day I was lamenting the fact that my sister-in -law told me last xmas that I do not get out enough. So my wife and I laught-what else can you do. I tell her you know-I really think I do not have an AN-my problem is-I don't get out enough. Ha-Ha. Best Wishes-Ron.

matti

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 11:10:26 am »
Welcome back Tim ;D   Can't wait to hear about your 44 day adventure.

How is your hearing?

Take care and by the way, you have amazing daughters, but you already know that ;)

hugs,,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Stevey

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 11:15:08 pm »
Tim,

Congrats on your continuing recovery, I slipped under the knife 8 days before you and it gets better every day, I had a cerebellum injury and a blood clot that required daily CT's to monitor and hydrocephalus but avoided shunting as it resolved.  In patient rehab was such a help to me as I went from having to be carried by two-three hospital employees to walking backwards catching soccer balls two weeks later.  I am deaf on left side but all other pre surgery symptoms have gone away / improved (xcept the dreaded tinniuts GAKKKKK!)  You probably will if yu haven't already have days that are shortened by hitting a wall (fatigue-wise).  But the more physical stuff I do, the better it gets, my two young daughters consume a great deal of my energy.

Gotta go to sleep, computer outta juice,
Cheers and good luck!
Steve
2 cm Left Acoustic Neuroma Remved on 1/31/07
Via Retro Sigmoid resection at Hospital of U of Penn - complete removal by Drs. Judy and Bigelow.
Deaf in Left ear.  Looking at TransEar for dealing with SSD

Denise

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 06:27:28 am »
Welcome home, Tim!!!!

I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

Denise
4+ cm, left side
translab 5/9/2005
CSF leak repair 6/23/2005
platinum weight in left eye 11/9/05
12/7 nerve switch 8/3/06
Univ. of MN Drs. Levine/Haines

ixta

• grade 4 left AN
    • Killkuato Acoustic Dx and Tx
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 02:20:08 am »
Welcome back TIM! :D
5cm left AN from IAC to cerebellum/brainstem.
Zapped out by Shahinian @ SBI over the course of 6.5 hrs on Monday 11/27 2006.
thestatus.com   h   biologyfly06