Author Topic: Trilogy  (Read 14239 times)

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
Re: Trilogy
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 09:16:42 pm »
Oh Craig! I'm really excited for you!  :P Okay, I know that sounds completely stupid but given that you are a new member of the club- this is really good news for ALL of us that you found yet another option. Nice to have a "similar" treatment and that really they are all about the same.. you say trilogy, I say CK, you say ToMAYto, I say To MAHto... okay, enough bad produce humor...... also good to know that your guy trained under Adler. (But then I am horribly biased about Stanford at this point ::)

Keep us updated with your progress and good luck! Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

Craig

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 01:17:53 pm »
http://www.varian.com/vss/casemodels/acousticschwannoma.html

Here is how they get below 1mm accuracy. The image on the screen is the tumor.

I am scheduled for my treatments on April 16th. I will go in for five treatments. I get fitted for my mask on
Thursday. I will update how the treatments went once they are over.

Craig
1.78 CM AN / Vanderbilt Medical Center Trilogy System / 4 Radiation Treatments / 24gy total

marystro

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 02:29:42 pm »
Interesting that Stanford also has a Trilogy System under Radiation Therapy.  Curious about the difference of treating AN using CK and Trilogy...  Wonder how it is decided - CK vs. Trilogy?

http://cancer.stanfordhospital.com/forPatients/services/radiationTherapy/trilogy/default

Mary
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

Craig

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 12:44:30 pm »
I was fitted with my fitted with my mask today. It stuck to my hair when they pulled it off. They soften the plastic in 161 degree water and then put it on the back of your head. They then do the same process for your face and then connect them.

I had a CT scan today and earlier this week, I had an MRI with mm slices. It was by far the loudest MRI that I have been through so far. I had a headache the rest of the night. It was almost ear piercing. I will update later on the Trilogy treatments on April 16th.

Cheers,

Craig
1.78 CM AN / Vanderbilt Medical Center Trilogy System / 4 Radiation Treatments / 24gy total

BeJoi

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 08:48:02 pm »
I'll be doing FSR with the Trilogy System at Emory starting in late May.  I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.  If anyone else has experience with Trilogy, please let us know. 

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 08:15:14 am »
sounds like my next trip to Atlanta, I get to meet quite a few AN'ers! :) Will advise any upcoming travel plans....

Good luck Craig and BeJoi... will be looking for the Trilogy updates as this is new info to many (including myself) and will follow along with your progress :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

BeJoi

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 10:16:25 am »
Hi Craig,

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow as you go for your treatment.  I'm very anxious to hear how it goes.  As it turns out, I will not be going to Emory (Kaiser won't cover it) but will probably do it at Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta who has the Trilogy and GK.  I'm going to be meeting with my neurosurgeon on May 15.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Beverly

Craig

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 04:00:13 pm »
I just had my first of Five treatments today. The machine moves around you and the table moves as well. I was in and out of there in less than 45 minutes. After getting over the anxiety of the machine and the mask, it was pretty easy. I am feeling fine and I am going to go work out.

Cheers,

Craig

BeJoi

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 04:14:34 pm »
So glad to hear that Craig.  Are your five treatments daily in a row?  Or are they spreading them out more?  Have a great workout.  When you get a chance, I'd like to know more about your experience with the mask.

Beverly

Craig

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 04:40:10 pm »
I am doing one treatment everyday for five days. The mask is made out of a plastic and they put it in hot water to form it to your face. They clamp it down and it becomes real tight. I mean real tight. The procedure is only 25 minutes long. They move you around at first so they mask does not pinch you. Once you are comfortable, it is go time. You can feel the laser hitting you which are hot. They use the lasers to guide the radiation. 

Craig

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2007, 09:44:42 am »
I thought that I would post this link about the Trilogy system for those that are new are looking for treatment. It is a video from Rhode Island Hospital that explains the treatment.

http://www.lifespan.org/services/oncology/radonc/trilogy/

Cheers,

Craig

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 05:14:41 pm »
Hey Craig: thanks for the update. Glad to know you are alive and well! Take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

Craig

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2007, 06:10:00 am »
Bruce,

It went really well. I did four treatments instead of five. Each treatments only lasted 20 minutes. I received 6gy everyday. I was really tired the first week. I had a bad headache one day. The ringing in my ear has decreased and I feel fine. I have been working in the yard and working out just like I did before. I seem to get a little more tired when I do these things but I am sure that will improve. I am scheduled to go back in three months for an MRI.

I can tell you that Vanderbilt was nice. As soos as I arrived at the office, they were waiting on me to go in. I was in and out of the office within an 45 minutes. I will post any changes in my condition and will also give you an update in three months.

Cheers,

Craig

linnilue

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2007, 07:07:08 am »
Craig,  I have been reading these entries about your case and it is most interesting since this type of treatment is so new on this site.  I am glad to know that you are doing so well, this is fabulous news.  The "tiredness" is very common to all of us and if you read any of the books on brain tumors you will see that this is onw of the number one complaints.  This is your brain telling you you need to rest, it needs to rest and it is good to give yourself permission to lay down and take a nap or go to bed early.  This can be difficult for thise of us who are very active.  That being said, the best of luck in your recovery and I too will watch and see how you do thi is very important information that you are sharing with all of us.  Thank you, Holly
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

Craig

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2007, 10:04:37 am »
Bruce,

Let me know how your visit goes at Emory. I am interested in your docs response to using Trilogy on your AN.

Cheers,

Craig