Author Topic: coo-coo clock?  (Read 4603 times)

kristin

coo-coo clock?
« on: February 16, 2007, 07:50:02 pm »
ok, the weirdest thing happened to me last weekend. i was staying the night at my mother-in-law's house and she had this extremely annoying clock. tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock. high tick, low tock. i realized when i rested my head on my good side (non-AN) i couldn't hear it AT ALL. now...i have fairly good hearing following my surgery almost 2 years ago. this is the first real experience i've had where the sound just isn't there. i mean..i ask "what? what?" all the time and all, but never anything like this. i laid there about ten minutes plugging up my good ear and trying to will my left (AN side) to hear it...

anyway..thought i'd share.

kristin in montana
8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Boppie

Re: coo-coo clock?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 08:55:41 pm »
Kristen, The day I couldn't hear the clock ticking I made an appointment with the physician.  His hearing test indicated a loss of 75% of sound in the middle and upper db and pitches.  On a previous test (1½ years earlier) I had only a slight loss and tinnitus which the doctor attributed to aging.  If I hadn't gone with a complaint about the clock I wouldn't have ended up with the ENT and MRI that showed a 2 cm AN.

Battyp

Re: coo-coo clock?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 09:26:20 pm »
Kristin, I'd make an appt to get my hearing rechecked.  Maybe it was just the clocks pitch or tone you couldn't hear?  I can't sleep with my non an ear up as I'm used to the noises being drowned out.