Author Topic: Taylor's Home  (Read 5997 times)

TaylorsMom

Taylor's Home
« on: February 15, 2007, 03:35:06 pm »
     Thank you all for your kind wishes!

Taylor was released at about 11 am today.  She is tired and sore but doing great and glad to be home.  She's already dreading the second surgery because she will have to stay in the hospital around 5 days but it won't be till around November.  She was in the hospital 5 weeks for her tumor surgery so I'm telling her 5 days will be a piece of cake.  She's not buying it.  She's not as swollen or bruised as I thought she'd be at this point.  Dr. says tommorow will be the worst.  She accually had 2 good nerves in her leg and they took the bigger one.  She may not have as much numbness on the top of her foot as could have been because the second nerve will take over somewhat.  A friend of mine is an RN and was in the OR with her most of the time.  It took about 6 hours.  She said there were 3 women on the surgical team watching as the Dr. stimulated the nerves to find the right one to sew the graft to.  They were all watching closely to see which nerve made the corner of her mouth curl up just the right way.  Their was much celebrating when the Dr. found it and it was a perfect size match to the graft from her leg.  The Dr. showed us a picture he took of the 2 nerves sewn together taken under the microscope and it couldn't have looked better.  Now we just hope and pray it takes.

Many thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers!!!

Kathy

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: Taylor's Home
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 08:47:31 pm »
Hey, Taylor!!

Love ya, young girlfriend....Hang in there.Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 06:52:38 am »
Hi Kathy:  That is such wonderful news !!!!!
               Sending you both prayers & good thoughts.
               Keep a peaceful heart,   Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 08:41:50 am »
Kathy,

thank you so very much for this update... please let Taylor know that we are cheering her on (same for you and your family) and keeping fingers crossed that this does the trick.

That's one courageous daughter you have there, Kathy.... I can see she gets it from her mom! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

flier58

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 09:05:05 am »
Hi Taylor and Family,
just lots of cheers for Taylor and best wishes that the procedure works.  Taylor, you are a great person no matter what.
Flier58

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 08:05:20 pm »
Hey Taylor and Family- take care of yourselves! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  8)
Glad to know you are home!  God Bless- Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

chrissmom

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 07:24:48 pm »
Thinking about Taylor and wondering how she is doing.  I hope both Taylor and Chris have success soon with this surgery.  I keep waiting for movement on his face.  I see tone now and maybe the slightest hint of movement.  He says the nerves feel like they are waking up.