Author Topic: Dr. Jho in Pittsburg  (Read 5142 times)

ceeceek

Dr. Jho in Pittsburg
« on: February 03, 2007, 03:25:36 pm »
Has anyone dealt with Dr. Jho in Pittsburg..he specializes in endoscopic surgical removal of various brain tumors so that no skull incision is made and minimum damage etc...which would be the approach I would need if I decide on surgery rather than CK....still waiting on Dr Brem to get that opinion too, but have had enough opinions to realize traditional methods of surgery are not an option.....

In some ways, I would like to have tumor removed if it did indeed not interfere with my brain itself....so..anyone heard of him???
Ceeceek
Such is life...Finally identified...vidian nerve schwanomma, 2.8x2.8x3cm.....in the middle but under my brain.....post transphenoidal endoscopic surgery April 19th, 2007 Pre CK treatment in Sept 07.....re-arranged cavity in hopes of reducing side effects and now officially diagnosed as hard headed.

jerseygirl

Re: Dr. Jho in Pittsburg
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 08:01:53 pm »
Hi,

I had a consult with Dr. Jho (actually his assistant) regarding my AN recurrence after I sent him my MRI's. He suggested retromastoid incision which is right behind the ear. Unfortunately for me, this is where the muscle flap is from the previous surgery 18 years ago. It gave me 10 years of headaches while it was healing. Dr. Jho thinks I will heal much faster the second time around. Let me tell you, no surgeon is ever concerned about headaches but I am, considering how debilitating they can be. In addition, he has only done one recurrance a year ago. So, I will not go with Dr. Jho but he has good results and can easily refer you to his former patients. Definitely worth a try.

Instead, I am going to SBI, Dr. Shahinian who also does endoscopic surgeries. He has done more recurrences and has achieved some spectacular outcomes for a few people on the forum (try to search on Dr. Shahinian). He feels he can put an endoscope in where there is no scar tissue and get out all of the tumor.

Good luck to you and keep us posted regarding your search and decision.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

ceeceek

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 08:41:14 pm »
Thank you very much and I will seach the other doc....I may not need it..may go with CK...but if this needs to be removed I will do everything poss to have it done via endo vs traditional methods.
Ceeceek
Such is life...Finally identified...vidian nerve schwanomma, 2.8x2.8x3cm.....in the middle but under my brain.....post transphenoidal endoscopic surgery April 19th, 2007 Pre CK treatment in Sept 07.....re-arranged cavity in hopes of reducing side effects and now officially diagnosed as hard headed.

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 09:02:57 pm »
ceecee sbi will give you a phone consult if you send them a copy of your reports and mri...I called them but didn't have the time and decided to stay local.  they have a web page which I'm pretty sure if you search this site you'll find a link from somone's post.  Chopper maybe?

ceeceek

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 09:43:30 pm »
What is SBI??? plus, I guess I am waiting on official diagnosis...but second opinion certainly will not hurt....I will go with ck unless compelling reason for surgery...but after reviewing etc.....it is something I may have to do..if I can go via endoscopy....that will be how I go...no doubt....so even if I have to travel I dont care..but unsure where to go....very very few places do it....
tanks again

chrissmom

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 06:40:06 pm »
Do you mean Pittsburgh, PA ?  If so, have you researched Dr. Arriaga ? He is world renown for AN surgery.