Author Topic: Visions and "PEyote" trips after surgery  (Read 4704 times)

ixta

• grade 4 left AN
    • Killkuato Acoustic Dx and Tx
Visions and "PEyote" trips after surgery
« on: February 01, 2007, 11:33:36 am »
I was wondering how many people had visions or semi hallucinations when they closed their eyes 1-4 days after surgery.
Perhaps it has to do with losing the hearing or the nerves trying to shoot off but not connecting.

I always had the image of a macro lens close up of like orange skin like texture, and Hairs or porcupine quills shooting up from pores in the skin,
then there were bare patches in the skin, and I would make an effort to "photoshop" stamp the blank areas with the quills.
Auditory or "auditorily"-I would here pinging, ray guns, or a off key piano accordion going off in my deaf ear. Now its just silent like a dark cave with no light.
5cm left AN from IAC to cerebellum/brainstem.
Zapped out by Shahinian @ SBI over the course of 6.5 hrs on Monday 11/27 2006.
thestatus.com   h   biologyfly06

jerseygirl

Re: Visions and "PEyote" trips after surgery
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 09:39:19 pm »
Hi,

I think that must be steroids; they are known to do that. I had what you described but it dissapeared after I was taken off the steroids.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

Denise

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 07:46:49 am »
I hallucinated while in rehab, but i was not given steroids.  i was given morphine.  I heard a party going on in the next room, it was loud, I called my sister and told her. The next day she came to visit me and the room next to mine was completely empty no one had been in that room for a few days. i also saw eyes looking at me from the bathroom door.  I quit taking morphine after that.
Denise
4+ cm, left side
translab 5/9/2005
CSF leak repair 6/23/2005
platinum weight in left eye 11/9/05
12/7 nerve switch 8/3/06
Univ. of MN Drs. Levine/Haines

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 09:48:29 am »
 I can remember some nightmarish dreams while on steriods in the hospital.  I wasn't able to fall fully to sleep while on the steriods, only "down" to dream level, but not deep sleep.  A few days of that can make you feel out of sorts.
  Denise, as far as morphine, now you know where Egar Allen Poe came up with some of his story ideas.
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

redgrl

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 05:40:57 pm »
I had horrible dreams in the hospital. Both times. I guess i didn't even think to ask about them or if it could be the steriods. Glad to know  I'm not crazy~ ;)
4 cm left side AN. Translab Sept 20th 06 at virginia mason w/Dr. Backous & Dr. Nussbaum. Second surgery Oct 15th 06 to repair CFS leak.

Battyp

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 09:08:00 pm »
Too funny I kept thinking people were there that weren't and saw imgaes on the wall.  I think I made things up because I didn't know where my glasses were so couldnt' see  LOL  Funny I kept thinking I had conversations with people but never uttered a word.  Apparently I did a lot of talking in my mind  LOL

roub1

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 02:51:49 pm »
Here all this time I thought that I was wacky. Boy am I glad I'm not the only one that had those experiences. Got to get my wife to read this thread. She just thinks I'm a nut case. Then again maybe not and let her go on thinking that. It might come in useful in the future.

Charlie

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 02:57:43 pm »
My first night home at my cousins I woke the whole house up yelling in my sleep, woke myself up, too!

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW