Author Topic: Passing out....or almost......  (Read 14891 times)

Denise

Re: Passing out....or almost......
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 12:05:01 pm »
Bruce,
Good Luck with your interview.  I am sure having "caught" this problem early, I will be okay. If only, i had been proactive about my health 5-6 years ago, when my AN symptoms started popping up. Oh well, woulda, shoulda coulda!  Again, I wish you very good luck with your interview.

Phyl, thanks for thinking of me and for the huggles!!

Denise
4+ cm, left side
translab 5/9/2005
CSF leak repair 6/23/2005
platinum weight in left eye 11/9/05
12/7 nerve switch 8/3/06
Univ. of MN Drs. Levine/Haines

matti

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 01:42:56 pm »
Denise - What a scary incident!! But glad you are OK and given a diagnosis that is easy to manage.

Over the past few years, I have bouts where I suddenly become lightheaded, have palpatations and feel like am going to pass out. All of my tests results are normal and it is deteremined that it is from menopause >:( UGH!!!!

hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Obita

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 06:39:05 pm »
Denise:

So glad that is all it is. 

I ignored my AN symptoms too.  We learned, didn't we?

Good luck Bruce!!

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

rebarman

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 12:50:45 pm »

One other bit of good news is that my PCP referred me to Dr. Mattox at Emory Medical Center. I call his office Friday morning to get my appointment date. I'm overdue for my next MRI, so I'm anxious to get things rolling again.

Great news about the interview, Bruce. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Dr. Mattox, Dr. Olson, and I have an appointment on the 29th of Jan to get this thing cut out of my head. I have been extremely pleased with both Dr's and their staff, in coordinating all of my appointments, filling out and filing paperwork with the Ins. Co. I have no real experience with any other Dr's but everyone at Emory has been top notch.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 12:52:50 pm by rebarman »
1.5cm x 1.4 cm AN on left side
Removed by Translab on Jan 29, 2007
Dr. Mattox & Dr. Olson @ Emory Univ. Hosp.

Sheryl

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 09:10:58 am »
Denise - glad to hear things seemed to go well regarding the blood pressure - sounds like a likely cause.  You mentioned Walgreen's.  If you have a WalMart near by, you will save $$$ on a blood pressure cuff.  I was told to buy one and they had a great one that you wrap around your wrist - easy to use.  Keep in mind that all BP devices will read differently.   
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Mel

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 07:09:58 am »
I have also almost fallen, sort of just gone down but have not been exerting myself, just standing and talking with someone but have always caught myself.
I do have high blood pressure. 

I am watching and waiting for now. 
Diagnosed November 2006
8mm Small

Battyp

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 11:06:27 pm »
Denise I say bring the pooch down and go back to minnesota when it's hot and humid here.  Heck, we stay in the pool or the house with a/c  ;)  I just started having problems with my blood pressure too.  Had it after surgery went away and is back :o

wonder if that is a common occurence?

Denise

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 08:03:25 am »
you know, Michelle, I wonder about that too.  AN and high blood pressure.

I didn't have high blood pressure prior to the AN. i am overweight because of the AN.  I am trying to lose weight, but thats not working out too well.  I am watching what I eat and eating healthy, its just not working for me.  I am not gaining, so thats good.  I need to get out and walk more but its too cold here, -9, and i can't walk in the mall, people freak me out (i am nervous in crowds now, afraid someone is going to bump into me and knock me down).  I am certainly looking forward to spring, so I can get outside.

So I am now done whining......
Denise
4+ cm, left side
translab 5/9/2005
CSF leak repair 6/23/2005
platinum weight in left eye 11/9/05
12/7 nerve switch 8/3/06
Univ. of MN Drs. Levine/Haines

Mel

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 08:48:23 pm »
Hello Everyone

The past few days have been very difficult.  Cannot explain it but Heavy Head and wanting to fall over.  Must be the weather.Even one of the guys at work asked why I was walking funny.  Have had alot of balance issues the past few days and confussion, like I will be working and all of a sudden I think " What am I doing?".  Thank God I can work at my own pace.  One thing that bothers me is that when I am typing, my fingers do not want to go where they are supposed to.  I have always been a great typist and speller but now I am finding it more difficult.  Is this age or a part of this journey that I have to get used too and adjust.

I am going for my next MRI on Friday, will see what comes of that.  I am going to try to do it without any meds, again.  It is becoming more difficult to put myself in another place, so will see what happens.

Plalites(?) is still good and hopefully will help in the end result. 

I cannot sleep at all anymore, could this be unconcious stress, along with the high blood pressure that I HAVE NEVER HAD until last summer when everything started to escalate, Oh my spelling is horrible!!  I am getting meds(cannot remember which at this moment, may remember soon)to stop smoking, is a anti-depressent also, the doctor says it should help me sleep better.  Hope so.  Am so tired of being tired.

Will update when I know the results!!
Diagnosed November 2006
8mm Small