Author Topic: Electronystagmography  (Read 5600 times)

computerchic

Electronystagmography
« on: January 07, 2007, 11:55:27 pm »
I am scheduled to have a video eltronystagmogram. My tumor is already confirmed by MRI. Why do this test now and what will the results prove to the doctor?

Palace

• Palace
Re: Electronystagmography
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 02:55:26 am »
Hello:

I am scheduled to have a video eltronystagmogram. My tumor is already confirmed by MRI. Why do this test now and what will the results prove to the doctor?

http://www.pennhealth.com/ency/article/003448.htm

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 07:18:34 am »
another good link, computerchic:

http://216.109.125.130/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&fr=slv8-msgr&p=Electronystagmography&u=www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003448.htm&w=electronystagmography&d=A-VqIUVuOEid&icp=1&.intl=us

Very detailed, layman terms description and why it is performed.  Which dr (what kind) ordered this test for you? Looks like they are cross-checking situations.

Be well and hang in there.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lmurray69

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 06:39:21 pm »
 Hi, I had that test and it is bad, I was put in a chair and water was put in my ear. It did not hurt and the minute I felt the chair spin. she told me to look at one item and it quit.. it shows if they operate and remove the ballance nerve if your other ear will compansate for the vertigo..mine did. but i am deaf on an side and wear a aid on the rt. any ? email me Linda
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

matti

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 07:51:38 pm »
I also had this test and since I had lost almost 86% of the balance on my AN side, I did Ok with it, just some minor nausea for a few minutes.

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 07:55:38 pm »
I had this test too and wondered after reading my results why the md didn't order the dang mri then.  :o(  wasn't a big deal to go through

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 08:13:14 pm »
Hi  8)

Do you people think I should ask for this testing or need it?  When the nurse finally called me back today, I forgot to mention about it.  (Stanford)

Please tell me about this test, since it was "no big deal" to go through.

I need to cover myself if you all are following my BIG MAJOR pressure pain and possible more hearing loss the last (over a) week.  I'm calling to schedule my audiologist testing tomorrow morning.  I have had two so far.  Those were back to back testings (about two weeks apart) last summer.

Again as always........thank you for your time,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

lmurray69

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 07:30:31 pm »
Palace if the tumor has been removed you dont need the test. it is basicly for the equilibrum ballance nerve problem I think.. but who knows ask capt deb maybe she could tell us

Do........thank you for your time,

Palace
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 08:09:52 pm »
I had "The Chair" test too along with a bunch of other vestibular testing. But mine were at about 18months post op becaue my vertigo was not getting better.  The testing was not bad other than I was there 1/2 the day. But all that came out of it was pretty much what   I already knew. My balance was screwed up. They suggested I could if I wanted to do more balance therapy, but thought I was doing everything I could be to try and improve it on my own so I opted to just continue my exercises at home. It's been about 10 months since then and I have improved some, but really feel as though most of this is going to be lifelong, so I decided to quite fighting it and accept it. I've felt much better since, more at peace with it all.

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year