Author Topic: Doctors in Boston  (Read 9119 times)

Buzzy1

Re: Doctors in Boston
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 11:01:32 am »
I did have my surgery with Peter Black and believe there IS a huge difference between the care he gave me compared to what I would have received from other highly regarded surgeons.  I am hesitant to write details here, but anyone who wants to email me, I will be glad to be more specific and explain why.  As an aisde, Black was just elected President of the World Federation of Neurosurgeons, and I certainly see why.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 12:48:26 pm »
Hey Buzzy

Great news on Dr. Black. I know of others here that recently met with him for their AN's and found instant comfort levels with him.  I didn't know about his new "role" and thanks for sharing it with us.

Still hoping you make the brunch on the 25th. :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Helga

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 12:35:30 pm »
Just to throw one more name into the ring - Dr. Heilman at Tufts Medical Center. As we all know you have to "click" with your doc or it's not going to work. Just make sure you do a few interviews and you will find the right one for you. For me it was definitely Dr. Heilman. Great surgery and excellent care at Tufts (for the 2 days I was there).
Best of luck, Helga

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 04:18:38 am »
Late to this dance but figured I'd chime in.

I can't say enough about the McKenna/Barker team...especially Dr. McKenna....not only an extraordinary surgeon but also an extremely caring and compassionate human being.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org