Author Topic: I am back to work 8 weeks PostOp  (Read 4419 times)

amylynn

I am back to work 8 weeks PostOp
« on: December 23, 2006, 03:11:40 pm »
Hello everyone!  I missed you all but have been checking in every once in awhile.  I thought my recovery would be quicker but am finally able to do more without as much fatigue, ringing in AN ear and no throbbing pressure with normal activity.   I am back to work today  and making it so far.  8 hours down and 16 more to go.   I even drove the big aircraft rescue crash rig around.  Yikes!!!  Actually I feel pretty good but need sunglasses.  My darn eye still wont close all the way and I keep getting twinges of pain in my face with a weird salty sensation off and on.  Hope it goes away.
Its great to be back and on this forum.  I would not be where I am right now without all of the expertise and caring concern of the people here.  Thanks so very much. 

amylynn 
3.0cm AN left
sx 10/26/06
House-Friedman/Hitselberger/translab
MO

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: I am back to work 8 weeks PostOp
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 03:15:20 pm »
amylynn:

Welcome back!  Good to see you're also back at work.   :)

If experience is any guide, the majority of your post-op symptoms should eventually resolve themselves.  Give it time - and keep that great 'can-do' attitude!

Jim[/color]
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Featofclay

• February, 2011
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 03:55:49 pm »
Great that you are back to work.   :)  If only I were that far along...I was just diagnosed with AN on 12/19/06, right ear, 1.7 X .8 cm.  My first consultation appointment with a neurosurgeon is 1/15/07.  It has been great to read all the posts here and know now that I really have to do my research to make an informed decision.  Are there anymore "just diagnosed" out there somewhere? 
Diagnosed 12/19/06; 1.7 cm x .8 cm right side
Retrosigmoid 2/16/07 @ House Ear Institute
Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Michael Stefan
Excellent results

flier58

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 04:06:49 pm »
Hello Feat,
welcome to our exclusive club, even though we are sorry you had to join.  Sorry about the lousy timing of your tx.    Well, it is a great site, many knowledgeable and compassionate people and a lot of info that others already digged out.  You will not feel alone and scared - emtions that most newly dxed. feel.  Spend your time doing research, remember each situation is unique and these unique circumstances guide your tx. choice.  Once you decide on one, you will owe it and deal with outcomes.
Remember we are here for you, there is no silly questions, there is room for all the emotions and we listen.  Best of luck to you.  Have a Great Holiday!!!!!
Flier58

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 04:20:31 pm »
Congratulations, Amylynn!  Being back at work only 8 weeks post-op is a major accomlishment!  Take a moment to feel good about that.

Featofclay - welcome to our little online sanctuary.  You've found a good place.  We've certainly all been in your position, and understand.  Please keep posting - this is a wonderfully supportive community.

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 04:58:21 pm »
Anylynn,

So, I need to add you to the mega-toast list of 06' and what type of treatment do you want me to record?  Did you see the list we have going for people that got AN treatment in 2006?  Let me know!

Congratulations on your progress!

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Obita

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 05:25:08 pm »
Wow Amylynn!!

Back to YOUR job in 8 weeks is amazing.  Good for you. 

Nice to have you back and Merry Christmas, Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

lmurray69

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 07:21:59 pm »
Hi Amy. I am so glad to see that you are here. I too have been having the face problems. It seems the colder it is out side the worst my face draws up..But I got the ballance under control. I too drive but only on sundays to church..I lost your email address and wanted to much to call and talk but i guess I miss placed that too. the memory thing is not to good. bu ti get by.. you take care and need to talk ..emailme just touch my name its there for you.LInda
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 07:43:50 pm »
HI Amylyn,
  What a success story, back to work in 8 weeks. WOW!  Please take it easy. don't do too much to fast. So glad your doing so well.
Have a Happy Christmas.

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

amylynn

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 09:50:12 pm »
Thanks for the addition.  It will be such a wonderful New Year.  Cheers to all and Have a great one!
Amy
amylynn 
3.0cm AN left
sx 10/26/06
House-Friedman/Hitselberger/translab
MO

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 06:06:42 am »
Amylyn!

Great for you!  I am so impressed!  You have definately earned your Wonderwoman outfit!  Remember to rest and take care of you.  Happy, Happy New Year!
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 06:27:38 am »
amylyn,

SO thilled to hear you are doing so well... and sending you wellness hugs as you come along... please remember to take it easy, listen to your body when it talks and hang in there.  What a terrific way to start the new year.... on the road to wellness.

Amethyst (healing) hugs to you!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Denise

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 07:27:14 am »
Good for you Amylynn.  I wish you continued success.
Denise
4+ cm, left side
translab 5/9/2005
CSF leak repair 6/23/2005
platinum weight in left eye 11/9/05
12/7 nerve switch 8/3/06
Univ. of MN Drs. Levine/Haines