Author Topic: Louzilla Update-week 2 post-op  (Read 4469 times)

Louzilla

Louzilla Update-week 2 post-op
« on: December 20, 2006, 10:58:21 am »
Hi Everyone,  week two has been much better then I expected.  I stopped taking pain medication last Wednesday after only one week.  I occasionally get mild headaches, but Tylenol takes care of it.  The 34 staples came out of my head on Friday.  I'll use vitamin E oil to reduce the scars size.  I went into work yesterday for a few hours and was able to drive myself.  My balance is about 85% back to normal and effects me mostly in the dark.   I had no problem behind the wheel during the day.  I found that the more you do the faster your mind will bring your balance back.  My jaw is still very stiff making eating a bit difficult.  I hoping when the side of my face gets back to normal size I'll be able to open it wider. The ringing in my left ear is twice as loud as it was before surgery... but I'm not complaining... I can still hear in stereo.  I've been doing a lot of resting, and drinking tons of water which I think has helped me bounce back so fast. Dr. Jackler said I could start doing some cardio which I'll start today at the gym.  I'm really feeling very blessed to be bouncing back so fast.  I'll update next week.
Happy Holidays,
Lou
Middle Fossa - 4mm x 8mm A.N. left side.
Dr. Jackler - Stanford Med. Center 12/06/06

Palace

• Palace
Re: Louzilla Update-week 2 post-op
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 01:41:25 pm »
Louzilla,

What fabulous news.  NOW, THAT *IS* CHRISTMAS!  I'm thirlled you are boucing back that quickly.  That is amazing.  Don't over-do and have a relapse. 

Keep us posted,

HAPPY HOLIDAY.........PALACE ;)
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

lmurray69

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 01:49:24 pm »
louzilla, Me too ,I am happy for you too. Just be carefull, dont bend or lift things for a while ..I am 50 days out. doing pretty good also. But be care take care and let family take care of you..
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 03:54:57 pm »
Lou,
  Excllent progress.  Keep it up.
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

redgrl

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 09:45:06 pm »
Yeah Lou! That's great!  :D
4 cm left side AN. Translab Sept 20th 06 at virginia mason w/Dr. Backous & Dr. Nussbaum. Second surgery Oct 15th 06 to repair CFS leak.

Obita

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 07:56:02 pm »
Lou:

What great news.  It really does get better.......

And congrats on hearing in stereo!!

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines