Author Topic: Give Me A Minute  (Read 9238 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Give Me A Minute
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 01:53:00 pm »
 :-*

what more can I say?

P

GIVE ME A MINUTE

Give me a minute
                                                              so I can hear
                                                               the words you say
                                                              over the tinnitus in my ear

Give me a minute
                                                               so I can see
                                                                the grace and balance
                                                               hiding inside of me

Give me a minute
                                                                so I can find
                                                                  the beautiful face
                                                                 I left behind.

Please.....
                                                        just.....
                                                               Give me a minute.....

Went to the bank, the mall, then the car repair I've been going to for 10 years... hadn't been there since before the surgery...No one recognized me....

I feel I've come so far from this moment... the journey is far from over but I thank-you all for being here....
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Desilu

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 05:31:33 pm »
Hi Nancy,

You always see the glass as half full and not half empty. Your positive attitude will get you through this. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Although things are not how you would like them to be, you always make the best of it. I admire your strength! You will get better! Keep the faith!  You are in my prayers.  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 04:37:28 am »
Thanks guys;   Whew, it HAS been a long road for all of us, huh?
                     Thanks to all of you the bumps are less & less.....
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 11:37:01 am »
naw, we're just being our usual, twisted, off-the-wall selves :D

xo
P
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 10:49:47 pm »
NancyAnn: hang in there.  And as a former bank employee I can say this with certainty, we are trained not to give good customer service! (Which is why I eventually left banking! it was all about the bank, not about the customers who allow the bank to exist).

However, you are so brave, courageous and very funny. I always keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  You really are one of our leaders and one of my role models.

Yes, what a strange weird trip it's been...
BTW how was your trip with your old boss- did you have fun...? Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 03:54:23 am »
Nancy Ann-
I have the a similar  problem-- I avoid people I know in the grocery store, the bank etc. I'm tired of talking about how I feel and the headaches. I only go out when it is absolutely necessary (no food in fridge, no money in bank)
I hate seeing anyone I know out in public because it is so hard to carry on a conversation in a public place and I just want to be out of there because my head is already throbbing.

That's why I like it here-no talking and it's on my time schedule--except for Phyllis calls me all the time, which I love. And I can lie down while I'm on the phone.

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 05:48:44 am »
That's why I like it here-no talking and it's on my time schedule--except for Phyllis calls me all the time, which I love. And I can lie down while I'm on the phone.

Capt Deb 8)

Yeppers, I get my 15 min phone time with the Capt'n to let her know all ship-board activities... anything more than 15 min, I have to run to the ship's doc and get her a good dose of Imitrex to help her out!

:)

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 07:36:22 am »
WOW your poem was very powerful.  After reading it I had the thought, "Take your 'minute' Nancy, here it is."  After reading through the "thread" I come across your most recent update and WOW you did take your minute.  Glad you had your eyes open during your forward motion down your path so as not to miss that which is given to those that ask. 

It is because you accepted yourself (you probably thought 'I had no choice.') this came through and projected it onto those you met.  You were tested by those that did not recognize you and your decision to move on (good choice) from that encounter gave me a lump in my throat.  I am so moved to read about courageous people holding their heads high through overwhelming situations.  I am glad you did not lose sight of who you truly are and glad you decided to project this forward.  Your responses of late are filled with optimism and beauty giving those who struggle the choice to know the "light" at the end of the tunnel does exist.  Thank you for being here! 

P.S.  Look up, I'm right above you!  Geographically speaking.  ;--)
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear