Author Topic: Got my TransEar...I can hear you now!!!  (Read 28260 times)

matti

Re: Got my TransEar...I can hear you now!!!
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2007, 10:04:13 pm »
I called my audiologist and she said that TransEar notifed her via -email late yesterday that a unit she ordered for another patient would be delayed as TransEar is now making a 1/2 shell for the device. She was confused as to  what this meant and did not have time to get back with them, but will do so first thing in the morning. She is also putting my re-make on hold until we find out the details.

Jean, I am very excited for you ;D  Regardless of what is happeing with the updated version, you will be VERY pleased with your TransEar.

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

okiesandy

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2007, 03:37:43 pm »
Sorry Boopie

I haven't been on here and didn't see your post asking about the transfer unit. Actuall it is the part that sits outside the ear.  Not the part behind the ear. I am not tech savey on the terms. It is to solve problems like Matti is having. It will be somewhat smaller. Should help with the people who have small ear canals and children. I am going to have new ear molds made tomorrow and will ask more questions. All I know is that it is supposed to be less obvious in the ear and a better fit. I am sure they will keep improving as time goes by.

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2007, 05:44:12 pm »
Yahoo--I can't wait for mine! I've already got me a spiffy new hairdo that will cover the thing, but it's still short. I went to the mall to a high class salon and told the cute little African American stylist that I didn't want to look like a little old lady or a boy.  She gave me the cutest darn haircut I've ever had!!! Remember the Kiera Knightly haircut that is real short in the back and has cool long bangs and slightly covers the ears? Well that's what it looks like and I can do it in 5 minutes (my hair, you dirty-minded blaggarts)

Any-hoo---I'm ready to get my spiffy Transear since it seems to be working alright for a few of you.  Thanks again for being the guinea piggies!!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2007, 10:28:42 pm »
okie dokie..maybe my vr delay is going to be a good  thing eh?  I just found out today that my file is suppose to be approved by the middle of next week they had to rewrite the request so hopefully shortly there after I'll be on my much needed way to school, hearing aids, eye aids, drug aids...not not full blown aids tee hee :P

matti you had to have another one done?   :o

matti

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2007, 08:51:22 am »
With all the problems I was having with my TransEar, (nothing to do with the product, all to do with my ear >:() I was asked by TransEar to try out a prototype of the new TransEar II. It is a new vibration transducer that is much smaller and is placed in a half shell, whcih means it will sit closer in the ear canal. It's new design will help minimize feedback. I was only getting benefit when on the highest volume setting (4) and with that came to much whistling feedback (Talk about being able to clear a room quickly lol)

I get the new model in a couple of weeks and it should be available in about a month. I was getting frustrated and thought nothing would work for me, but I have high hopes that this will. I went to a meeting yesterday and couldn't hear a thing, feelings of isolation are overwhelming :(   I will keep everyone posted.

cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50