Author Topic: Got my TransEar...I can hear you now!!!  (Read 28570 times)

matti

Re: Got my TransEar...I can hear you now!!!
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2007, 08:02:46 pm »
Who took that picture of me on the way to the audiologist today LOL that is exactly how I felt walking into her office. I was ready to chain myself to her desk until she fixed my problems.

Having my TransEar has definitely given me more confidence in certain social situations that I would have normally shy'd away from. I am just so thrilled that there are more options becoming available for SSD ;D

Funny thing happened the other day, I was telling someone I had SSD and they thought it was some type of sexually transmitted disease, so from now on I will not abbreviate  :o

cheryl

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2007, 08:07:31 pm »
Who took that picture of me on the way to the audiologist today LOL that is exactly how I felt walking into her office. I was ready to chain myself to her desk until she fixed my problems.

Having my TransEar has definitely given me more confidence in certain social situations that I would have normally shy'd away from. I am just so thrilled that there are more options becoming available for SSD ;D

Funny thing happened the other day, I was telling someone I had SSD and they thought it was some type of sexually transmitted disease, so from now on I will not abbreviate  :o

cheryl

GO CHERYL........... :o   ;)   :)

Palace

22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Boppie

« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2007, 08:10:46 pm »
Yes and the first time that ear thing slides in!  Weeeiiirrrrd!   :-[  My 30 yo daughter would laugh at me!  or maybe with me!

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2007, 08:14:59 pm »
 :D

Boppie:

I can't believe you said that!   :D

Palace

Yes and the first time that ear thing slides in!  Weeeiiirrrrd!   :-[ My 30 yo daughter would laugh at me! or maybe with me!
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Obita

« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2007, 09:20:31 pm »
That pic from the Captain looks like me the first 3 months after my hysterectomy. 

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

okiesandy

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2007, 12:44:17 pm »
Actually I think the picture is of me. This is me when they postpone my MRI appointments after stressing for a week. When the ear mold doesn't work. And a number of other things.

NO one ask me what color I wanted. When I go back to have ear molds made again I will say tan, TAN that what I want. I am blonde I need tan. I really don't care if it is covered with fur. I just want to hear on the left side again.

Sandy

Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

Lorenzo

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2007, 01:03:44 pm »
Covered with fur? Never thought of that oen as an option for new designs! Now THAT would look great!!!

Lorenzo

matti

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2007, 02:42:53 pm »
Lorenzo - But it would have to be fake fur, as we would not want to offend PETA :)

Sandy - Did the audiologist put a color swatch chart up to your skin to try and get a good match for the exposed area of the transfer unit? 

Cheryl
Life is great at 50

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2007, 03:02:25 pm »
My hair is really thick and wavy and pretty unmanagle without stying goo and gizmos. Dr Love really likes my hair short as he has a thing for the back of my neck. Bad enough I have bifocals, but a heaaring aid that shows? No way if I can cover it up.  Maybe I'll go for the laser eye surgery and teeth veneers, too! However, I refuse to dye my hair!

Capt Deb 8)
Not getting older, just better!
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Lorenzo

« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2007, 04:05:44 pm »
I thought older WAS better, no?
fake fur it is, no real stuff, no no no...
Lorenzo

okiesandy

« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2007, 04:18:06 pm »
Greetings All,

News just off the phone. Transear people are coming out with a half shell in 5 weeks. No longer will we have to think about covering the thing with fur, jewels or what ever. I have opted to wait the five weeks because I have a very small ear canal and mine would stick out a lot. (not that I really care what it looks like at this point). Comfort may be a factor with me. I am still going for the mold fitting and will ask about color. Just like my doctor said this thing is going to improve fast.

For the record aging would be great if it didn't come with some of the down sides. I feel about 25 most of the time and wonder who the old lady in the mirror is. Up side is I sure know more now than I did at 25.

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

matti

« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2007, 06:39:40 pm »
Sandy - Interesting news!! Since I am going for remake #3, I think I will get in touch with my audiologist ASAP and ask that we wait the 5 weeks. The shell is the reason for the remake anyway, as it sits too far out of the canal.
I've been a very patient girl, and will gladly continue my wait if it will improve the fit.

Thanks Sandy :-*

Cheryl
Life is great at 50

Static

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2007, 07:02:34 pm »
Wow, you guys are way better than me in the patience department!  After so long I get so annoyed I just usually give up but I can see that this is comething worth waiting to get right.  I agree with what Sandy said about trying to be back to your old self no matter what it took but unfortunately funding is an issue for me.  I hope you both can get things worked out to get your transear fitted properly and am so happy for you that you are able to do it!  Good luck in all your future endeavors with the transear and please continue to keep us posted.  Pal, give that dog a great big hug and kiss from me and Zoey.  Hope everything is ok!
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Boppie

« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2007, 07:35:35 pm »
Sandy, I read somewhere that the behind the ear part (processor) is the part to be redesigned for TransEar.  Do you mean TransEar said they are redesigning the transfer unit that sits at the entrance of the canal?

Jeanlea

« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2007, 07:39:04 pm »
Sure, just as I am now about to get my TransEar they will be coming out with a smaller version!  Mine is already ordered though so I will take it.  Next time around I'll get something even better I'm sure.  I want to have it before I go to my meeting the last two days of January.  The fact that technology is always changing is the biggest reason that I'm opting for the TransEar over the BAHA.  It's easier for me to change hearing aids than to have something permanently in my head.  
I'm just so excited about the possibilty of hearing on my left side again.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD