Author Topic: Headache related to surgery?  (Read 1259 times)

Kaci

Headache related to surgery?
« on: March 30, 2023, 12:27:26 pm »
I have been getting headaches in the back of my head, surgery side - would this be normal even if surgery was in 2017? Maybe its not related and just tension headaches but always on the side I had the removal

donjehle

Re: Headache related to surgery?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 02:59:42 pm »
It must be a little scary for you, Kaci, to have headaches on the same side as you had your surgery 5 years ago.  I think it's only natural to want to connect them whether they are related or not.  I have heard of symptoms occurring a long time after surgery, but that always seems odd to me after such a long time since the surgery.
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

qcatgal

Re: Headache related to surgery?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 10:48:55 am »
Kaci,
You are not alone! I had my surgery in 2017 and I am still having headaches on the same side too. They always start at the incision spot and radiate out! For a while I had bad stabbing headaches so my doctor prescribed Gabapentin, it totally helped the stabbing. But the headaches are still there. Tylenol seems to calm it down a little. It is frustrating and sometimes scary for me. I hope that you find some kind of relief. :) :)
Just wanted to let you know you are not alone! :)