Author Topic: Troubling symtoms  (Read 2684 times)

Traveler

Troubling symtoms
« on: October 15, 2021, 07:44:08 am »
Hello Team AN,
I have hearing loss in left ear
Strong tinnitus
Some sort of fullness feeling in the left ear - almost like pressure wanting to be released
On going headaches - Some days with bad ones, some days with mild ones.
Some sort of cheek sensation (not sure what to call this)
Colleagues on zoom meetings have noticed I have few facial "ticks" and trouble getting words out for a few seconds - a hesitation of sorts.

Are there any clinical trials new or ongoing that people are aware of?  My ENT referred me for an MRI and true to form the insurance denied it.

Help!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 09:53:00 am by Traveler »

janeentraylor

Re: Troubling symtoms
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 02:13:57 pm »
You can pay out of pocket and side step your insurance.  I have found it is even less expensive to pay out of pocket versus my insurance. 

MariettaJoker

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 08:10:33 pm »
Your symptoms sound exactly like what I experienced. I had hearing loss for about 5 years and then it suddenly got worse followed quickly by some significant facial paralysis. I strongly urge you to get an MRI as soon as possible. In my case, not getting the MRI soon enough has now left me with facial paralysis that will likely require some additional surgery/expense. Just had AN surgery on 11/30/21, doing great except for the facial stuff.

I’m no doc, but your symptoms sound like a strong possibility of AN tumor.

Don’t wait.
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane" - Jimmy Buffett
Vestibular Schwannoma 2.3 x 2.5 cm. Right side.
Surgical approach was translabyrinthine on 11/30/21 at Emory Hospital in Atlanta, GA.
Total right side hearing lost and facial paralysis on right side
Phonak Audeo CROS-P hearing aids

CompassGeorge

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 11:14:39 am »
One sided hearing loss was pretty much my only symptom. My ENT, thankfully, also recommended an MRI which revealed a 2.5 cm AN tumor on my left hearing nerve.

Girldad

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 09:27:22 pm »
Do whatever you have to do to get an MRI.  I would ask your insurance company what they would need to approve it because they are really expensive to pay for out of pocket.  The first ENT that I saw told me that an MRI would be a "waste of time and money."  I went for a second opinion and was sent for an MRI where they found a 1.9cm AN.  Just the peace of mind would be worth pushing for.
Diagnosed 10/16/20 19.2mm x 14.7mm x 12.7mm
Last MRI on 4/27/21 19.2mm x 14.7mm x 13.8mm
Translab surgery at UCSD 3/17/22
with Drs. Friedman and Schwartz
BAHA user