Author Topic: Gamma knife after a week..  (Read 2527 times)

Matey

Gamma knife after a week..
« on: September 27, 2020, 02:04:36 pm »
Greetings from Bulgaria! I was diagnosed with an 1.8mm * 0.8mm acoustic neuroma on my right side! Hearing is around 50 percent, very little dizziness but nothing major! I have read pretty much everything about the gamma knife surgery and nobody is saying really positive things about it, only negative things besides not having the conventional surgery. My question is: Is there any person that underwent Gamma knife and didn’t have any side effects after it??? Please let me know as I am scared big time about the later side effects..Hope everyone is feeling better and staying positive..

gbly

Re: Gamma knife after a week..
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 03:37:08 pm »
Matey,
If you can get it look into the Proton Radiation.  It is several doses, but with the doses spread out the side effects are minimal or not at all.
I just completed and absolute dream of an experience.
Good luck.
gbly

gbly

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 09:47:58 pm »
Matey,
Have you come to a conclusion of which way you are going?  I was very interested in the GK, but mine was pressing into the brain stem so that was a no go, they went several smaller doses.  I will say it went fantastic and as for side effects, I had a very slight headache the first two days, nothing Exedrin didn't fix and no issues sense. Now my hearing was already mostly gone, and might be slightly more muffled, but already knew I was probably not going to save it. 

Good luck and keep us posted.
GB

Matey

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 02:02:23 pm »
So finally I did my radiosurgery treatment with Varian Linear accelerator True Beam Stx! The physician team required 3 treatments with 6 gray dozes each for hoping for  more serviceable hearing in the long run since I am 37 years old..Everything went fine, really hoping for less side effects after some time.Started Dexametasone 4 mg right away one shot each day after the procedure and on the fourth day, fifth and sixth day Dexametasone 4 mg one pill! The last week will be taking one pill every other day and that’s it.. I could of done the gamma knife but was only one treatment with 12.5 gray which would fit done more damage I was told..Hope I chose the right decision! Also went to a an old herb doctor which gave me vitamin B 15 that is suppose to help with getting the radiation out of your body much faster also some other cleansing herbs! I read that this vitamin B 15 is not allowed in the US but here in Bulgaria you can get it anywhere..Hope everyone if feeling better an staying positive..Good luck with everyone’s recovery..

gbly

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 08:31:04 pm »
Matey,
Congratulations on successfully completing treatment.  I would be interested in your thoughts of if the B15 is making a difference. 

For you right now, you did the right decision.  There is always a lot to consider and it was the right thing for the right time.  Keep us posted and wish you a speedy recovery.
GB

Matey

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 10:40:24 am »
Thank you GBLY!For now everything seems to be as normal as I was having the dizziness before the treatment.  Hope everything is OK wit you as well. I will keep posting if anything strange occurs..