Author Topic: Feeling of pressure in non AN ear  (Read 5623 times)

toothcobbler

Feeling of pressure in non AN ear
« on: November 27, 2006, 09:09:08 pm »
 have a 1.6 cm AN with symptoms that appeared suddenly a few months ago--slight loss of hearing, loss of lower tones, and tinnitus.  I have also experienced a sense of pressure in the non-AN ear similar to ascending or descending in an airplane--not quite to the point you want your ear to "pop", but enough to be obvious and annoying.  This sensation may bother me several days in a row, not at all, or come and go over the course of a day.  My ENT does not see anything such as fluid to cause this.  Has anyone else experienced this in their good ear with no apparent explanation?
Thanks for your comments
Sherry

tatianne

Re: Feeling of pressure in non AN ear
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 10:15:07 am »
ive experienced tinnitus, aching, and a blocked full type feeling in my non AN ear over the past months on and off. This past sunday my non AN ear felt blocked for most of the day and then it went away. I was having allergies and a stuffy nose, do you have a cold or allergies ?? I think we have also become really sensitive to our ears, we probably had blocked ears before but never really payed attention because we werent overly concerned, now we react immediatly to anything involvong our ears.
I have worried about having a AN in the other ear, this has definitly crossed my mind, In July there wasnt one and some of those symptoms were occuring so Im hoping in January there still wont be one.
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

Windsong

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 10:37:15 am »
Toothcobbler,

I did experience some fullness and popping or tinnitus in my non An ear after treatment. It made me wonder also. I am thinking perhaps it simply some result from maybe increased pressure generally in the head or changes in fluids bathing all those structures inside our head or some other biomolecular activity of some kind.

My non An ear seems to have settled down to its normal now.
All the best,
Windsong

toothcobbler

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 10:05:27 pm »
Tatianne and Windsong,

I can't contribute the sensation to a cold or sinus, and I am not scheduled for GK until late December.  The pressure did not occur until after the AN symptoms appeared in August.  It went away for three or four weeks completely only to return again last week.  The intensity of the "pressure" can vary during the course of the day. It's as annoying as the tinnitus in the AN ear!