Author Topic: Dizziness when driving on a highway  (Read 4237 times)

eawinnyc

Dizziness when driving on a highway
« on: September 23, 2019, 08:30:52 pm »
6 months post GK and I've had two dizzy spells while driving on a highway at higher speeds (plus 55MPH). A full on out of body experience. I needed to pull over, rest a bit, take in more water, gather up strength, and continued on a less traveled smaller road. This is all feeling a bit freaky. I was doing well from February - June. Not so much since then.

Has anyone had a similar experience? What have you done to gain control over the dizziness? Stop driving?

gary.s

Re: Dizziness when driving on a highway
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 08:53:09 am »
I still get dizzy after almost 1 1/2 years post Cyber Knife. I have had the same experience when driving, it is a very scary situation. I have pulled the car over and waited until I feel more clear headed. This is difficult when driving on the freeway. I try to focus my eyes straight ahead without moving my head very much. The movement of eyes and head seems to increase the dizziness. Figuring out how to manage the dizziness is just part of learning how to deal with our AN reality.

I chew on candied ginger when I am having a bad day. Ginger is used for motion sickness and it really helps. I also find when I am tired and stressed out, my symptoms increase. Eating well, exercise, lots of rest, and relaxation are important for all of us. Stay safe when driving and be well.

Gary
Mild symptoms on right side July 2014
CK April 16-20, 2018, Barrow Neurological Institute
9/2018 hearing aid Phonak Audeo B and Cros B

mwatto

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 03:20:20 am »
Hi I am getting this while driving- otherwise my balance is fine. I keep ginger sweets in the car. How are you now? I am 18 months past CK.
Michele
20 x19x14mm Cystic AN diagnosed Feb 2019. CK.
Mri 2019 shrinking: 18x17x13 mm.
Mri 2020 - no cysts visible stable.
MRI 2021 stable no change
MRI 2022 stable no change.
MRI 2023 Further reduction 12x12x10mm!! Hearing 85%
MRI 2024: No change AN or hearing

kaykay

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 07:22:12 am »
i get dizzies every now and then driving....it sounds funny, but i pinch my neck on the side and that seems to help keep it at bay til i get home.