Author Topic: new things happen sence i came home  (Read 2978 times)

lmurray69

new things happen sence i came home
« on: November 21, 2006, 10:03:23 pm »
Ii was wondering if anyone has the tingly feeling in their face.. it twitches in the am..Then if I wash my hair in the sink .. I feel a lot of pressure in my face.. it goes away but then returns off andon threw the day.. also my blood sugar is riseing and The Dr here doesnt think I need to do anything.. it goes around 280 in pm and is any where from  80 to 170 in am.. I am on 000 mg of metformin in am and 1000 in pm..I am type 2 I think dont know much about it ...It has been 21 days sence surgery.. what should I do???any ideas..
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Boppie

Re: new things happen sence i came home
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 10:20:37 pm »
Linda, sit in a tub or shower and wash your hair sitting upright with a handheld or shower down spray.  This might feel strange to you but leaning over the sink for hair washing might not be good for your face and neck right now.  You don't want to create cranial pressure right now from leaning over too much.  My doctor suggested it was okay to lean into the sink for tooth brushing but hair washing requires a lot of head and neck movement.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 05:18:52 am »
Linda,
My new neurologist explained to me that anytime you mess with the brain it takes a very long time for things to settle down.  Sugar levels go up and down, fatigue is all over the place, dizziness comes and goes and then stays for a while.  I was told before I left the hospital to only sit upright to shampoo my hair.  To not put strain on the neck by lying back in a shampoo chair in a salon or pressure on my face and neck by leaning over a sink.  Be kind to yourself, Linda.  You are only three weeks out, you are doing great.  We all love you and keep you in our thoughts and prayers.  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Obita

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 06:08:57 am »
Good morning Linda:

My face did all sorts of strange things the first few months post op.  All of it is normal from the trauma to the facial nerve durring surgery.  It does get better.

I put grab bars in my tub/shower.  I knew I would have trouble with balance forever when my eyes are closed.  Now, while shampooing or washing my face I can hang on and rinse......no problems at all. 

Happy Thanksgiving,  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 03:57:58 pm »
Linda,

If they put you on the steroid Decadron, that can make your sugar go up.  It should go down as soon as you're off it, but keep checking to make sure...mine went up to 280 or so, and came right back down.  Good luck!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

lmurray69

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 08:43:07 pm »
thanks for all the replys . I will take and wash my hair in the shower like you all said.. as far as my blood sugar it is still all ove rthe map they stoped my steroids before i left the hospital and increased my metformin..I WENT DOWN TO 1500 TODAY AND IT JUMPED TO 230 THIS EVEING..i DO WATCH WHAT I EAT ALSO.. THE SALIDS ARE GREAT,,i EVEN STOPED SALT INTAKE ..
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/