Author Topic: pregnancy after surgery  (Read 2208 times)

sophiegian

pregnancy after surgery
« on: September 24, 2018, 05:23:06 am »
 I would like to ask if anybody has this experience. I had surgery for a large AN ,4.4 last summer. The neurosurgeon left a sliver of the tumor at my facial nerve to preserve it. My last MRI saw that it shrunk. Did anyone had a child after surgery or treatment and the tumor grow?My neurosurgeon told me that it would not be a problem but he can't guarantee. Thank you for any advice or experience

Kathleen_Mc

Re: pregnancy after surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 12:45:42 am »
I had two children with a regrowth, the tumor did grow during pregnancy however not any faster than it was when not pregnant.
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

sophiegian

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 09:07:24 am »
Thank you for the response

Maria Odete

• Psalm 37:23,24 - Leviticus 20:26 -Romans 13:4
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 09:14:31 pm »
Hi Sophiegian,

My son was born 6 years after my Acoustic Neuroma surgery. I didn't have an AN recurrence during my pregnancy.It's been 27 years since I had my Acoustic Neuroma surgery, and I thank my God Yahweh for healing me.Thankfully to Him, I never had a recurrence.

Maria Odete

Surgical Team: Dr. Fraser Noel, Otologist/Neurotologist, Victoria, B.C. Canada and Dr. Michael Boyd, Neurosurgeon, Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Dx: 3.5 cm Acoustic Neuroma. Complete Resection.
Year of Surgery: 1992

Psalm 83:18: "Let men know that You, Whose Name Alone is YAHWEH ,are the Supreme Head over all the earth!" - The Holy Scriptures
Isaiah 43:10 - Isaiah 54:17  -
Psalm 105:15 - Isaiah 65:13,14 - Psalm 105:3 -The Holy Scriptures