Author Topic: Dental X-Rays in wait and watch - advice please  (Read 2458 times)

jackflorey

Dental X-Rays in wait and watch - advice please
« on: March 16, 2018, 12:58:29 pm »
Hi all,

I have a 9 mm AN on my left-side that has remained stable (as is my hearing) for a little over three years. I'm really happy I haven't had to make any decisions about how to deal with this.

I need to get dental x-rays to replace a broken crown on my AN side. I have been able to negotiate my way out of dental x-rays for the past 5 years..but they are inevitable now. And I am terrified of causing my AN to grow or worse.

I have read all the articles on this forum which are not definitive  :( but does anyone have any experience (positive or negative) with digital x-rays and ANs. I would be grateful for any information.

Many thanks!

notaclone13

Re: Dental X-Rays in wait and watch - advice please
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 04:54:46 pm »
Due to a cavity in a wisdom tooth, I had to get  a panoramic x-ray last November. In January I was diagnosed with a 8 mm x 3mm AN. I am still shuttering at the possibility at that x-ray may have made a bad situation worse. My dentist really overdoes the x-ray thing and I plan to avoid future dental X-rays as much as possible.

Derek

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 06:23:23 am »
Hi Jack...

I am into my 17th year since diagnosis and have had many digital dental x-rays throughout the duration during which my AN has actually shrunk from the original 2.5cm to the present 1.3cm. I am happy to report that my personal experience is that the x-rays have had no apparent adverse affects.

Regards

Derek
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 10:12:47 am by Derek »
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

Houdoni

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 03:28:41 pm »
Derek, glad to see your AN reduced in size.  Did you do anything in specific to help it slim down???  Thanks!

Derek

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 04:59:13 pm »
Hi 'H'...

Nothing specific other than adopting a healthy lifestyle / diet including a marked reduction of sugar and a regular moderate exercise regimen all of which is outlined within the 'Top Tips For The 'Watch & Wait' Brigade!' thread.

Regards

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.