Author Topic: Nerve Test Results  (Read 2615 times)

Dealy

Nerve Test Results
« on: November 15, 2006, 08:03:24 am »
I have been reading all the comments lately. I agree this is a great forum for ALL OF US> Well lets get to the point of this email. I went to the Orthopedic Doctor yesterday and got results of my Nerve Conduction Test and why my legs (Calves) now feel like pin cushions. As some of you may know you have been following my emails etc.- I am an NF2. Well now I have a new Malady to add to my list. Doctor said I have Nerve Degeneration attributed to my condition of NF2. This is limited to the feet at this time. My legs feel like pin cushions because they gave electrical stimulation to the nerves of the legs-said this should abate in time. Always love that IN time thing. Anyway-I still plan to beat this thing-Glob in my head-and fall in the category of RAmair. Heck my wife and I were thinking even ALS or MS-so maybe I am lucky anyway. Thanks All-Have a good day. Ron.

Mark H

Re: Nerve Test Results
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 10:10:20 am »
Dealy,
that test sure is fun huh? I'm one of your fellow NF'ers, and had that done some years ago. About the only thing missing was a demented doctor's assistant cackling and saying "More voltage this time, Doctor?" It's been a while, but from what I remember my response times were somewhat slower than normal. My AN's didn't show up on MRI's 'till a couple years ago and so far they're litle tiny things, about 2mm each. It wasn't 'till this year that they decided to start calling them AN's. I'll be getting another MRI early next year to see if there have been any changes. 
Mark

Dealy

Re: Nerve Test Results
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 02:47:06 pm »
To Mark H. Well another 2fer joins the club. Man that is a bummer. What else is one gonna do though. You see I had one 17 years ago and had it surgical removed and never had a MRI once. Thought this was a one time affair and I was done. Wrong. Surgeon back then told me every 5 years. That is why when I read Ramairs post this morn that it had stopped-I thought to myself whoa-I would not do that. That is his choice though-but I will probably be looking at MRI's the rest of my life. Take care and good luck.