Author Topic: Twitching of upper eyelid  (Read 3867 times)

Abetpds

Twitching of upper eyelid
« on: May 11, 2017, 04:24:30 pm »
Hi all,
I have a 2.7 AN - but with no symptoms other than hearing loss and so decided to W&W
However, I recently noticed that my upper left eyelid tends to twitch occasionally   Not sure if this is tumor related or not. Anyone know if it is?
Regina

gjkeating

Re: Twitching of upper eyelid
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 08:25:39 pm »
yes the twitching is common. i have 3 cm and experience same Gregg
gregg keating

Abetpds

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 04:18:45 pm »
Thanks Greg,
Are you planning surgery?  After everything I'm hearing- post surgery, I'm going to wait as long as I can before I do anything invasive.  So far, only hearing loss (which I can live with) and recently started  - the twitching -- which I can also live with.
I am praying that at 69 yrs old, the tumor will begin regressing!  But if it decides to grow and I start getting symptoms that I cannot live with, then I'll consider surgery.  Even 5 good years when I can enjoy my grandkids is well worth it.
Are your symptoms bad?
Regina

ColleenS

• I have learned to watch birds and smell the roses.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 10:26:19 am »
I also had occasional twitching in my eye - only on my AN side so I did attribute that to the tumor. Not painful, but weird of course. I have not had that since my surgery though.
5/2/17 @ Vanderbilt Translab approach with Drs. Haynes & Chambless
Readmitted on 5/7/17 for CFL, lumbar drain; CFL repair surgery
10/18 5 Radiation treatments for tumor regrowth
3/19 Pain, swelling, facial paralysis
5/19 Facial paralysis, numbness
10/21 Mild facial paralysis still

WINDWARD

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 03:43:16 pm »
I was diagnosed in February with a small AN.  In April I started having random bouts of eye twitching and some odd feelings in my face as though something was crawling on my face but nothing was there.  The eye twitching is forceful and annoying.  Sometimes I have to close my eyes to avoid seeing movement.  I don't know what brings it on or what relieves it... has a life of its own.  Both the twitch and the facial activity are on the AN side and I never had these things before, so I do believe they're related.

Citiview

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 08:27:48 am »
Those are probably related symptoms because my doctor has asked me if I have this symptom.
It wasn't something I brought up.

LakeErie

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 04:00:42 pm »
As we know, the facial nerve controls eyelid closure. After GK I had tumor swelling and edema of the brain adjacent to the tumor. The swelling affected the facial nerve to the extent I had significant facial weakness including incomplete eyelid closure and exposure keratitis.  To protect my eye I saw an ophthamologist who told me the"twitchy" eyelid was the "lid searching for the nerve."
Since a month taper on decadron, the brain and tumor swelling is down about a third and most of the facial weakness has resolved and at the last eye doctor appointment I was told I again had complete lid closure and the lid was less twitchy. Both my lids twitched, upper and lower. Months later now, I have no twitch. My next eye appointment is this Tuesday.
My particular experience with eyelid twitch was indicative of facial nerve dysfunction that required treatment to resolve. I would not take the symptom lightly. At least advise your physician of the symptom's presence if you have not yet done so.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 04:06:08 pm by LakeErie »
4.7 cm x 3.6 cm x 3.2 cm vestibular schwannoma
Simplified retrosigmoid @ Cleveland Clinic 10/06/2011
Rt SSD, numbness, vocal cord and swallowing problems
Vocal cord and swallowing normalized at 16 months. Numbness persists.
Regrowth 09/19/2016
GK 10/12/2016 Cleveland Clinic
facial weakness Jan 2017