Author Topic: I feel like I'm in a fog  (Read 4432 times)

SPX600

I feel like I'm in a fog
« on: April 03, 2017, 02:39:27 pm »
For the last six months, at times I've felt like I'm "in a fog." Talking to my doctor about this, he can't come up with a reason (other than the AN, but isn't sure), and has suggested that I perhaps consult a psychiatrist to be screened for depression.

My hunch is that this feeling is likely due to the AN. But I can't really find anything backing that up on the AN symptoms list. That said, can any of my AN peers relate to this feeling; the feeling of being in a fog, "disconnected," etc?

I don't feel depressed, but suppose that it's a possibility if this seems foreign to other AN patients.

Willbur

• I will shrink it
Re: I feel like I'm in a fog
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 07:36:33 pm »
For the last six months, at times I've felt like I'm "in a fog." Talking to my doctor about this, he can't come up with a reason (other than the AN, but isn't sure), and has suggested that I perhaps consult a psychiatrist to be screened for depression.

My hunch is that this feeling is likely due to the AN. But I can't really find anything backing that up on the AN symptoms list. That said, can any of my AN peers relate to this feeling; the feeling of being in a fog, "disconnected," etc?

I don't feel depressed, but suppose that it's a possibility if this seems foreign to other AN patients.

Had same issues. Don't feel depressed, but disconnected and in a fog state.
Diagnosed@29
10/13/16 - 21x23x19
1/16/17 - 22x23x19
1/24 - Surgery Successful
3/6 - MRI/CT Scan No Regrowth

ColleenS

• I have learned to watch birds and smell the roses.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 12:11:09 pm »
I most definitely feel fog-like most times. Until I was diagnosed I remember thinking - do adults get a sudden onset of ADD? I have difficulty concentrating at work, driving - just whatever. The various symptoms of AN all make sense now but, until it was discovered I would brush each one off. My imbalance was strange - I remember thinking, jeez am I getting MS. I brushed it off thinking well if I am, I will find out soon enough   ::)
5/2/17 @ Vanderbilt Translab approach with Drs. Haynes & Chambless
Readmitted on 5/7/17 for CFL, lumbar drain; CFL repair surgery
10/18 5 Radiation treatments for tumor regrowth
3/19 Pain, swelling, facial paralysis
5/19 Facial paralysis, numbness
10/21 Mild facial paralysis still

riabovamd

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 08:33:41 pm »
Colleen, it is definitely AN.  I have very demanding job and have to multi-task and enjoy that.  I had to overcome and ignore  that feeling which was not daily but was  frequently occurring.  It was gone after surgery. I read somewhere  that it is not just a pressure, but chemicals that AN produces.

ColleenS

• I have learned to watch birds and smell the roses.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 09:35:34 am »
I am glad to hear it does disappear Riabovanmd  :)
5/2/17 @ Vanderbilt Translab approach with Drs. Haynes & Chambless
Readmitted on 5/7/17 for CFL, lumbar drain; CFL repair surgery
10/18 5 Radiation treatments for tumor regrowth
3/19 Pain, swelling, facial paralysis
5/19 Facial paralysis, numbness
10/21 Mild facial paralysis still

riabovamd

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 09:12:04 pm »
It will be gone after your surgery.

KarenJ

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 04:01:02 pm »
I'm newly diagnosed and haven't decided what to do yet.  I also feel like I'm in a fog and have a hard time concentrating.  I work in information technology and have to work on many complex problems.  I found that it was getting very difficult to focus especially when there are distractions.  It's affecting my performance and taking longer to finish projects as well as making it difficult to multitask now.  I hope if I decide on surgery that will go away.  I hate the disconnected feeling!

voron999

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 09:48:10 am »
I'm newly diagnosed and haven't decided what to do yet.  I also feel like I'm in a fog and have a hard time concentrating.  I work in information technology and have to work on many complex problems.  I found that it was getting very difficult to focus especially when there are distractions.  It's affecting my performance and taking longer to finish projects as well as making it difficult to multitask now.  I hope if I decide on surgery that will go away.  I hate the disconnected feeling!

I am in IT also and have somewhat similar issues (mostly being distracted).

For myself I decided - absolutely MUST have enough sleep on regular bases, and then some.
Tinnitus is my norm now days; it is either bad or really bad.
I have noticed after very little sleep (a very late IT project another night), tinnitus is up very significantly.
This means my brain works like a very noisy radio-station where it takes double/triple effort to understand the same message.
This can not be good for an intellectual-type job performance.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 09:50:18 am by voron999 »
Jan 11, 2016: 4 x 3 mm nodule in the left ......consistent with an acoustic neuroma.

voron999

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 09:49:49 am »
Jan 11, 2016: 4 x 3 mm nodule in the left ......consistent with an acoustic neuroma.

Zan

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 11:32:19 pm »
I am so glad that I saw this post.  I have had similar symptoms but assumed it was just menopause, which still might be the case. I will add it to the symptoms that I discuss with my doctor.