Author Topic: House Clinic - normal response time for website consultation?  (Read 3417 times)

ufdiver27

House Clinic - normal response time for website consultation?
« on: February 16, 2017, 07:53:17 pm »
Hi all,

My husband and I are just getting started on the AN journey.  He was diagnosed in January.  I submitted his records to House via their "website consultations" address 2 weeks ago.  Is it normal to wait this long to get a call back from a Dr.?  I finally called last Friday, and an assistant called me back on Monday and said someone (Dr. Slattery?) would call me soon, but I've still heard nothing. 

House comes very highly recommended to us as "the best in the US" for AN surgery, but this isn't really starting them out on the right foot for me. :) 

Has anyone else waited this long to receive a call back from House?

Thanks,
Erin

alabamajane

Re: House Clinic - normal response time for website consultation?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 09:07:27 pm »
Erin,
Welcome,, sorry for your husband's diagnosis but you will find a wealth of knowledge and personal experiences on this site.

I don't remember how long I waited ( about 6 years ago now),,, to hear from them but I did talk you Dr Slattery and he was wonderful. Very knowledgeable and informative and helpful. I didn't go out there, for very personal reasons unrelated to them,,, but he even called me about a year later to see how I was doing. He had agreed that watch and wait for a year was prudent in my situation. I eventually  had translab surgery in  2011...

I would think perhaps you will hear from him tomorrow maybe,  they may even have someone call to set up a time for him to call you, even in the evening,, they are very professional. If you talked to an assistant already, you know they received your info so I am confident they will contact you.

Try to make a list of questions you would like answered and be prepared to talk to him. I'm sure you will be pleased when you do hear from him.

Let us know,
Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

ccooper

Re: House Clinic - normal response time for website consultation?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 10:31:15 pm »
I'd expect a response in 2-3 weeks. I called in advance of them getting my MRI to say it was urgent (special case). They called back the day they got the MRI. It was in the evening and the conversation was much appreciated. They are the best. If I had to wait two months to hear from them I would have.
37 yr old female
3.4x3x2.6
Retrosigmoid February 2016 at UC Health
Oops they forgot to tell me tumor was left behind
Doubled in size
Re-do Retrosigmoid at House July 2016
SSD, Facial Paralysis but almost recovered