Author Topic: A Little Setback  (Read 9022 times)

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
Re: A Little Setback
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2006, 01:09:44 am »
Amylyn,
  Update please. Worried about you.  Big husg and best wishes and prayeres out to ya.
PATTI uT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Desilu

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2006, 04:43:06 pm »
Hi Amylynn,                                                                                                         
                                                                                                        Like all the others I had delayed facial paralysis too. It started just before I flew home. The doctors put me on more steriods. It did help but not totally. It took about 8 weeks to heal and go back to almost normal but everyone is different. You know your body better than anyone else. Take care of yourself and don't get discouraged. Take one day at a time. I will be praying for you.  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

Laura

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 09:32:44 am »
Amylynn - I do pray that you will be feeling better and back to your "new" self real soon!

Laura
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 09:06:27 pm »
back to the top, sending out  good well wishes for Amylyn, Hope you are alright. please check in with us if you can.

Patti Ut
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore

lmurray69

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 09:33:05 pm »
I do hope that you are doing better now that you have rested , dont try to over do it now...we are all going threw the holidays and we are all blesses to be here and have others to talk to...
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2006, 10:30:13 pm »
Linda,
  How are YOU doing?  Your only what ? 2 -3 weeks post op??

Patti UT

lmurray69

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2006, 08:04:20 pm »
patty I yhink you for asking it has been 19 days sence surgery.. I guess that i have a abundent energy.. I do have a few wonky head issues . But it has more to do with the eyes.. staying straight.. I dont know if anyone else has had this priblem or not...I have a few twitches in the eye and chin area on left an side..But I know that i cant believe that i just had brain surgry..Linda
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Obita

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 06:55:37 am »
I just got a note from our friend Amylynn.  She is just fine.  The normal eye thing makes it hard to be on the PC. 

She said she will be back on the forum soon!!

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Sam Rush

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 02:10:26 pm »
Same thing happened to me, 10 days post op, new facial paralysis. They think it is from reactivation of a latent herpesvirus, that's why they use anti-viral meds  pre-op to try and prevent it. They're still doing research on this.  If it occurs late, like yours, it always clears up, as mine did in 3 weks.  good luck
1 cm AN translab, Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Schwartz, Dr Doherety HEI   11/04   Baha 7/05