Author Topic: Hi from Stanford  (Read 5430 times)

flier58

Hi from Stanford
« on: November 06, 2006, 11:04:46 am »
Hello everyone,
Just had my mask fitting and CT done.  Waiting whether I need new MRI.  If not I can go to the hotel and begin my CK treatment
tomorrow.  Again keep me in your thoughts and prayers.  Just 3 more days.  Thanks to all, especially Marystro, for your guidance in this difficult trip. I'll keep you posted but for time being everything is a breeze.
Sincerely,
Flier58

Obita

Re: Hi from Stanford
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 11:13:15 am »
Hello Flier58:

Good luck to you.  I sure wish there was a calendar on here.  I can never remember who is getting what treatment and when.

I will be thinking of you the next three days.  Die tumor die!!

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

marystro

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 11:16:17 am »
Hi Flyer,

Take it easy at the hotel while you are waiting.  I know it's anxiety but once you are done with the first treatment, you will understand what I mean "it's a breeze"!   My thoughts are with you.  Everything will work out fine.

Mary

P.S. Don't forget to go to the California Cafe on Willow Road (I think) near Stanford on the last day of treatment for that Napa Valley celebratory toast - a time honored tradition of ANers after CK started by Mark!!!  ;)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 11:50:55 am by marystro »
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 12:44:28 pm »
Hey Flier!

You are absolutely going to "fly" through treatments!  Whatta breeze and you are going to do great!  I slept through my treatments... even with Chipmunk Christmas music playing! (and it was Easter time!)

Before you know it, it's done, you'll sit back and say to yourself "gawd, what was I so nervous about?" and will be surprised how well you are going to do during treatment.

Watch for the "roaming eye" during the CK... when you lay there and see the CK machine, you'll know what I speak. Someone told me about it before my treatment and when I saw the "roaming eye", I busted out laughing... other post CK will know what I reference!

Best of luck and good wishes to you!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

matti

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 12:53:47 pm »
Hi Flier -  I had my surgery at Stanford, with a wonderful outcome. The CK center is awesome as well, you are in the best of hands!!!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!! 

hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Desilu

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 03:15:38 pm »
Hi Flier,

Wishing you the best with your treatment. I will keep you in my prayers just like I do for all AN patients, beginning, during and after their treatment. Please keep us posted on your progress.  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 04:13:11 pm »
"HOLY COW!"

I'm almost starting to look forward to my Ct scan and then the Rad TX.  (well, not quite but.....almost)  You people are wonderful.

Flier, I have Dr. Iris Gibbs and Dr. Blevins for the same thing you are going through at Stanford.  My turn is in three weeks from today, that full week.

Congratulations that you are this far.  Yes, I want to know where the hot place is to go celebrate.  Indeed this calls for a BIG celebration after the last CK treatment.

GO,

Pal
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

marystro

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 04:25:35 pm »
Woo!  Sounds like we have quite a few Stanford "alumnae" here.  Yes, the celebratory toast is the tradition at Stanford for AN patients after CK.  You must go to the California Cafe (around the corner from Stanford).

Oh!  Husband just walked in with the Stanford bill (revised since United Health messed up the original figures)...  Got to go to check it out...

Bye for now.

Mary
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 05:10:27 pm by marystro »
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 05:07:13 pm »
KILL it! KILL it!
KILL IT DEAD!!!!

ZAP that thing
Right outta Flyers HEAD!!!
[/size]

My AN treatment cheer!
You go Flyer--soon you will be a postie!!!
Good Luck

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 08:19:14 pm »
Best of luck flier...we'll all be chanting debs jumbie chant with our pink pirate socks on for you! :-*

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 01:34:42 am »
Cheers from me to, Flyer, for your Stanford treatment and your quick recovery back to our "new normal".  I hope everything goes smoothly and that you have a good experience. Sounds like you will, from what everyone else is saying. Toast that rotten thing goodbye....

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

BevM

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 08:49:31 am »
Hi Flyer:  Another Stanford CK'er here.  I completed my treatments on 10/18 and had a great experience with everyone there.  I brought my own CDs to play (although they have quite a variety there) and I did pray for myself and others during the treatment which made the time go by more quickly than anticipated. It is fun to hear others experiences with the "eye" of the Cyberknife.  It moves so quietly (I think my Tinnitus masked the sound of the machine).  I kept my eyes closed for most of the time but remember opening them at one point to have the "eye" staring a few inches from my face.  It was a little surprising and a bit comical (looking back after treatment completed).

I feel confident I made the right choice for me and feel confident you will too!

Best Wishes,
Bev