Author Topic: Dr Westerberg Wait time  (Read 2588 times)

MissDoumont

Dr Westerberg Wait time
« on: October 14, 2016, 10:53:23 am »
Hey!
I know there is no way of knowing for sure, but based on your experience I am wondering if anyone can tell me "approx." how long I may be waiting for treatment measures after seeing Dr. Westerberg.

I was diagnosed early September 2016 and I see Dr. Westerberg October 20, 2016.  It has been a long few weeks waiting to see him but I am excited to finally get some answers!

Based on your experience, how long was the surgical and or radiation wait time after your initial consult (not sure what he will suggest) from that moment on.  MY AN is 3.2 by 2.3 CM.. has compression on root exit zone of trigeminal nerve, adjacent pons, and middle cerebellar peduncle.  I have every symptom in the book including facial numbness but NO facial paralysis at this time.

I know it is hard to say because everyone is different just kind of want an idea :)

Thanks so much!
Meagan
Meg D.

RGG

Re: Dr Westerberg Wait time
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 10:40:03 pm »
Hi Meagan,

Assuming you decide on having surgery, Dr. Westerberg will refer you to Dr. Akagami, who is the neurosurgeon he works with.  There are a lot of very positive posts on this site about both Drs, and I personally found both of them great. 

I saw Dr. Akagami first (via a referal from my family doctor in Ontario), and once I decided to have surgery with him, he referred me to Dr. Westerberg.  I know that the wait time to see Dr. Akagami varies according to urgency, my tumor is about the same size as yours and I waited about 2 months to see him from the time of my referral.  His surgery waitlist is unfortunately pretty long, I've been on it for 5 months and will likely wait a few more.  But again, it depends on the tumor size, location, and symptoms you're having, so it could be less in your case.  I'm sure Dr. Westerberg will be able to give you a better idea of the timing. 

In general these tumours grow slowly and you've probably had it for a long time, so a bit of waiting should not be an issue.

All the best with your appointment.

Rumen