Author Topic: A week out , so far so good  (Read 4212 times)

amylynn

A week out , so far so good
« on: November 03, 2006, 09:07:03 am »
Hey all of you out there, I ve been seeing all those posts for me and it is very touching.  I am very emotionally overwhelmed  right now in a good way.  I miss my babygirl! I go back to kc tomorrow.   I woke up today, hard to sleep with the headache and steroids.  Took a long shower and got some coffee.  I have only a few discomforts.  I wont take any pain meds till my gut starts working again.  My eye is a little dry and my legs are soooo sore from blood in my spinal fliud. Otherwise I am doing great! These doctors are the best! Dr Friedman, Dr Hitselberger and Dr Wilkinson(fellow)  are all the biggest sweethearts ever!
I thank you all,  too many of you to mention.  Have a great day take care and keep praying for Stella and Scott.
Linda is doing so well!  Just saw her husband and she is on the road to recovery.  She's a spunky lady!!!!
amylynn 
3.0cm AN left
sx 10/26/06
House-Friedman/Hitselberger/translab
MO

Palace

• Palace
Re: A week out , so far so good
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 09:46:20 am »
Hello:

I hope you have babygirl pictures all over the place.  Gee, coffee and the steriod rush together.  There is loads enough caffeine in decaf so, maybe you could switch to decaf, for now.  Anyway, can you take Imitrex for the headaches or something like that?  On one to ten.......how bad is that headache?  Are you supposed to elevate the legs for the soreness?  Anyway, I'm glad to hear things are going as well as expected.

The people on the forum are wonderful.  I have really good input on the neckache situation.  I have tried the rest of the recommendations before posting except, the hot packs and icing the neck.  I think I will ask for a muscle relaxer at my appointment in two hours.  The Vicodin was prescribed for my facial pain but, it is a nasty drug that "stops you up" and I have an "eight foot longer" than normal colon.  I can say that as, I haven't posted my picture and it would blush with that, truth.  I found that *tid'bit* out when I had a full colonoscopy procedure.  I only had a little tiny pollup and it was removed without enough anaesthetic.  (awful)

Well, congratulations on your getting this far with the AN thing.  GOOD FOR YOU!

Hugs,

Palace

Moving it to my bloodwork appt.,

L.
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 10:10:38 am »
WOW! Amylyn,
  You are doing so good. I am so happy for you. How's the balance?

patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 10:27:08 am »
Congratulations on such a great recovery!  And I know what you mean about hte gut - I stopped taking narcotics (switched to Advil) mostly because of that problem!  That was agony...

Have a safe flight!
Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Desilu

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 03:26:27 pm »
Hi Amylynn,

So good to hear your doing so well. Hang in there and keep that positive attitude, I know you will be an inspiration to the other patients at House. I will be praying for you and the others that are having surgery after you.  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

red

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 10:35:14 pm »
so good to hear you are doing so well.  We are coming down on monday b/c hubby's schedulled for tuesday.  Hope things go as well for us.  Good luck on the recovery red

Obita

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 05:43:00 am »
Amylynn:

I hope you are home and hugging your baby girl when you read this.

I am so glad things went so well for you.  I wish for you, a continued perfect recovery and don't forget to take it easy!!

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines