Author Topic: White light star-burst vision in the head  (Read 7884 times)

Palace

• Palace
White light star-burst vision in the head
« on: October 19, 2006, 04:39:02 pm »
Quick note here.....

Thank you to who posted me privately today.  Your info was encouraging to me.  I'm having a not-so-good more extreme facial pain day.  That gave some hope about the balance issue.

Quickly, I want to ask since I'm on here........I had a starburst BRIGHT light flares explode in my head about six years or so ago, about once a week for about two years straight.  I saw the doctor for this and he told me my brain was crossing on over-load.  (?)  I was having migraines during those days as well, too.  This would only happen at night that I can recall.  I would go to turn my head on the pillow and WHAM, the pain and star-burst-flare would happen.  It looked like the Forth of July but, always one white burst would happen.  I haven't had it for a year or so.  I thought I might be having mini-strokes but, thought I was too young for that at the time.  (can happen to a youthful person, too; now I wonder even more what that was)  Since it went away I don't have time to think about it anymore.  I do wonder if it was the AN coming on.  (growing)  I have had this thing for years on end, now I find out.

Has anyone had that one?  I'm asking while I'm on this sight thanking the person who wrote to me today.  I believe it must have been forwarded by the forum.

I appologize if I'm taking up too much time for you all on the forum.  I just happen to be "free" these past few days.  It is a good learning experience to share.  There is only so much you get from a doctor consultation.

Politely many thanks,

Palace

22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Battyp

Re: White light star-burst vision in the head
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 04:46:02 pm »
Palace please don't apologize for taking up anyone's time!  That's what we are here for is to help those newly diagnosed or those posties who didn't find the site until after the fact understand what they are going through and give support.  You post as much as you want to!!

Big Hugs to you!

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 05:03:38 pm »
Dear BP,

Thank you for the encouragement.

Anyway, when I last posted saying I hadn't have it for a year ago.......that part was the tight neck snap but, without the starburst.  (star-burst was years ago with the neck snap)  It sounded like double-talk when I reread my post. 

I guess I was in too much of a hurry.  I have lots to pack in a day, like you all do.

You all have a good weekend if you can........coming soon,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 07:17:36 pm »
Palace,
  What a strange thing that was happening to you. I have never heard of anything like it. Your right when you say you only get so much info from the Docs. Maye someone on this forum will have heard of this. And like BP says. Post any questions that come to mind. Thats what were all here for. To listen, help, and truley understand, because we all are going therough similar things.

Take Care, Stay Strong
Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

matti

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 08:04:25 pm »
Hi Palace - My father-in-law has the same type of thing happen and always at night just before going to sleep. He describes it as "4th of July going off in his head". He has had a CT scan and an MRI and all looks normal. He has experienced this for most of his life, he is 85. It doesn't happen often, maybe 2-3 times per year and will last for 10 -20 seconds. Doctors tell him pretty much what they told you. He said that it scares the heck out of him when it happens.

Ask all the questions you want and please don't apologize, we love learning, sharing and helping each other.

Hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Windsong

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 12:27:00 am »
HI Palace,

Somewhere along the years of waiting for my An diagnosis I had lights in the eye in my An side.

Mine were gold bars always on the left side.

Personally, even though I am not a medical person, I think that given the multitude of nerves branching out from those that come up through that spinal cord, and given that an An depending on where it is situated on one's head, that some of the nerves leading to one's eyes are affected and do some weird things at times.

Unfortunately, it's only after one hears one has an An ( a brain tumour) that one begins to put together the bits and pices of symptoms and begins to see how so very muich can be affected by an "alien" growth taking up space where no BLOB was intended to be. Not surprising really, that all kinds of nerve offshoots are affected even if the the "BLOB" (An) isn't sitting right on top of the main nerve branch.

Besides, every brain is a bit different and things are not always exactly in text book location.

Windsong