Author Topic: Pre-daignosis syptoms  (Read 2810 times)

Kar3n

Pre-daignosis syptoms
« on: May 18, 2015, 12:14:12 am »
Hi Everyone, What were everyone's pre-diagnosis symptoms? Anyone experienced cramping sensation above their effected ear, neck/muscle pain or start to experience dis-organisation and dyslexia type symptoms? I am awaiting a MRI for sudden dis-equilibrium along with other symptoms of occasional tinnitus and fullness feeling in my left ear. I had a CT scan for the cramping sensation about 10 years ago that showed nothing (the sensation has remained). I'm trying not to think the worst but very scared... Any information will be gratefully received. Thank you.

michellef08

Re: Pre-daignosis syptoms
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 12:30:16 pm »
Hi Kar3n,
My symptoms were pretty much the standard symptoms - mild hearing loss and tinnitus. Mine was sudden onset - I woke up one day and it was there. So I knew immediately something was wrong, and luckily my ENT ordered an MRI so I was diagnosed fairly quickly. I was also 27 so my story is not your typical story.

Once you get your MRI results, if you do have an AN, it will be ok! The tumor is slow growing so you will have the luxury to take your time and research all of the options. Also, there are a lot of us out here that have had great outcomes! I had surgery 2 years ago to remove my AN and my hearing was completed saved, and I didn't have any facial or balance issues! In the short time between my symptoms and my diagnosis, I was actually relieved! There was now a reason for my symptoms and I could then focus my energies on a solution. It sounds like you have had your symptoms for awhile, so maybe now you will finally know why! I actually had symptoms that I didn't even realize were attributed to the tumor, which are now gone post-op (headaches, motion sickness, metallic taste in mouth occasionally). Hope this helps!
Diagnosed Dec 2012: AN 1.4 cm with mild hearing loss and tinnitus. Surgery: Middle Fossa at House with Schwartz/Friedman on April 10, 2013. Entire tumor removed, no facial issues, no balance issues, and they preserved my hearing!! Co-leader of the Washington, DC ANA support group since 2016.