Author Topic: 2 years post SRS symptoms  (Read 2594 times)

Alison

2 years post SRS symptoms
« on: November 16, 2014, 05:51:31 am »
Hi folks. I'm coming up to 2 years post SRS. But recently my symptoms have escalated. When this happened before, it was 3 months post SRS and an MRI showed swelling of 3.5mm. The next MRI at one year showed it was still larger than before SRS but around 2.5mm increase(around 17mm x 11.5).

My latest symptom is a constant throbbing/vibration on the AN side, along with more head fullness and numb feeling. dizziness, slight nausea. Still bad imbalance and tinnitus, some hearing left. ( I also have had an odd heaviness/weakness in the AN sided arm since SRS). Also the sharp pains at the base of my skull and sensation like an insect crawling over my scalp have returned, not had those in ages.

Did anyone find that around 2 years post SRS symptoms took a real turn for the worse? Did they improve eventually? What did your MRI show?

Dreading more swelling/growth. Alison x
CPA and IAC AN 14.5mm x 10mm x 8mm diagnosed August 2012 treatment in UK SRS Linac with headframe  Dec 2012 MRI 4 month post April 2013 was 18mm x 13 x 7.8 (this April MRI was not measured until Jan 2014) MRI January 2014 was 17mm x 11.4 x 8.3 (one year post)