Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians  (Read 5909 times)

Kathleen_Mc

Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians
« on: October 08, 2006, 08:23:09 pm »
To those who celebrate Thanksgiving this weekend:
Let us be thanksful for what we have and not morn what we have lost, if just for today.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 05:00:01 pm »
Kathleen,
I was reading the archives and came across your Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians.  I love Thanksgiving!
I see you are from Ont.  I was wondering where you had your surgery and who's your Dr.  I'm waiting to see a Dr @ Toronto General and a Dr @ St Michael's in Toronto.  I am not from Toronto but I live an hr away.  I was not happy with the Dr I was referred to in my home city.

Thanks,
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Kathleen_Mc

Re: Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 10:07:27 am »
My inital surgery was done by Dr. Gintili at toronto western and my regrowth was done by Dr. Nedzelski at Sunnybrook.
Hope you're able to find someone who you're comfortable with. Dr. G. hasn't much bedside manner but has been doing excellent work for a long time. Dr. Ned. also has been doing excellent work for a long time and has a wonderful bedside manner!
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)