Author Topic: Very Tired - 2 months post surgery  (Read 24104 times)

kippy6

Very Tired - 2 months post surgery
« on: October 04, 2006, 09:04:42 pm »
I had translab on July 19th (2 months ago). I healed as normal. No complaints. But all of a sudden, just starting a week or two ago, I have been extremely tired. I've been more tired than immediately after surgery. It has nothing to do with what I do...I still feel just as tired no matter what I've done that day. I stopped taking naps 6-7 weeks ago, and my activity level has been the same for about 6 weeks. Why am I tired now, but not 6 weeks ago??

If anything, I have been sleeping more since surgery...I've been going to bed early, and waking up at my usual 6:30 am for the kids. It's not like me at all. I even took a nap yesterday, and I was still exhausted by 6pm. I stayed up late tonight to help my middle-schooler w/homework, but other than that, I've been going to bed by 9pm on most nights. One night last week I went to bed at 7:30pm.

Could tiredness 2-months post-op be a residual effect of surgery this far out??

Thanks
AN surgery July 19, 2006
for 3cm AN and arachnoid cyst (right side)
Translab surgical approach
Dr. Brackmann and Dr. Hitselberger
House Ear Insititute

suelay

Re: Very Tired - 2 months post surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 09:15:00 pm »
It seems it could be surgery-related given you are only 2 months out and have probably greatly increased your activity level whether you realize it or not.  For what it's worth, I'd also have a simple blood test.  Twice in my life, I have felt inexplicably tired and had anemia that was easily and quickly corrected with iron supplements.  Take care of yourself. 
L AN 16 x8 x8 mm
Retrosigmoid at Mayo Clinic Drs. Link and Driscoll on 9/25/06
Very good result

kippy6

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 09:25:40 pm »
Suelay - Thank you. I think I will get checked for anemia. I donated blood for my daughter's spinal fusion in Dec 2005. Six months later I had my AN removed. Maybe theres a correlation.

I'm off to bed. Thanks!
AN surgery July 19, 2006
for 3cm AN and arachnoid cyst (right side)
Translab surgical approach
Dr. Brackmann and Dr. Hitselberger
House Ear Insititute

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 07:25:28 am »
kippy: The same thing happen to me around 3 months post op from my surgery last fall, this didn't happen the first time I had this suck removed but last fall I had the regrowth removed and boy did this fatigue hit me like a bat. I still have not recovered the energy level I had before the surgery last fall. I went to the doctor, have had all kinds of blood work and tests.....the only thing found was 1. my estrogen level was low (but started hormone replacement therapy hasn't help much) 2. I have a sleep disorder (the treatment for this has halped somewhat). There are others around who have not returned to thier ususal energy level post-op, it's nice to know why and that in itself helps.
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)