Author Topic: Moving on  (Read 11653 times)

G_Man

Re: Moving on
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 09:41:00 pm »
Jim
     When I first started reading the board and posting you were one of the most responsive, positive and informative people here by miles.  Thank you for all you have contributed.  I'm sure there are many people like me who benefited from reading your posts to others as well as your responses to our own posts.
     I'm sure wherever you are going to focus your attention on now there will be people just as lucky as we were to have you here.
     Best regards.
Glen
Diag: 08/11/2009 Left side
AN: 0.6cm.  65% Hearing loss, tinnitus, fullness, minor motion issues.
hearing loss over 25+ years.  MRI in 2000 showed nothing.
Optical Atrophy from infantcy
Watch and Wait.
As of 2017 I am on a 2 year MRI frequency.

Seal

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 06:54:51 pm »
Hi Jim!

Just saw your post this evening.    Hopefully you will be more than busy with plenty of fun things in your future plans.     Thank you again for your kind counsel and words of encouragement, now five and a half years ago.   You have helped many in their own personal journeys and struggles.   Good luck to you, and hopefully we get a chance to finally meet in the future!

Warm regards,

SteveK
Diagnosed 1/14/09 - 2.4cm AN right side --- about 70% cycstic
Retrosigmoid wiih McKenna & Barker - total removal successful on April 13th. 
Issues: balance, facial & mouth numbness, hearing loss right side
Results:   numbness gone, balance is good, SSD right side. Great results.

v357139

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 07:29:13 pm »
Jim,
Thank you for all your help to this forum, and to me personally as well.  You were a most excellent moderator.  The time you gave to this forum was so very, very admirable.  It says volumes about you as a person.  We have all benefitted from your presence here.  Best of luck to you. I know you will do well in all you do.
Rich
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 05:02:15 pm »
Wow! I guess it has been a while since I’ve checked in here!!

Jim,  how can I thank you for all you have done here on the forum (and in person) for so many of us? You have been a wonderful moderator and your words of encouragement and sharing your experiences were so instrumental in getting me, and countless others, thru the very difficult AN diagnosis! Its because of you, and many others here, that Rich and I were able to settle our thoughts enough to make an informed decision on what my treatment should be. You will surly be missed here, but I hope you will pop in here from time to time and I will do the same!

Take care,
Scarlett & Rich
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

New girl

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 05:49:15 pm »
Thanks Jim!  I remember reading a lot of your posts when I was first diagnosed.  You were always very informative and sympathetic.  Best wishes!
9mmx14mmx9mm
Diagnosed 6/1/2011
Retrosigmoid Surgery 9/27/2011
Daniel Lee (MEEI) & Fred Barker (MGH) - Exceptional Surgeons

raji83

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 09:46:52 am »
Thanks so much. Will miss you :(