Author Topic: summer heat  (Read 4435 times)

william5822

summer heat
« on: June 16, 2014, 09:51:10 am »
morning all.
My husband had his surgery in December. He has always worked in a warehouse in the heat with no issues. But now, even cutting the grass, this extreme heat zaps all energy from him and he notices that he is more "wobbly" than he was during the winter months. So I told him I would ask if this is common....will get better with time....or just part of the "new normal"

Thanks in advance
3 cm AN removed 12.3.13 - 12 hours in surgery
Emory Healthcare Midtown Atlanta
Left Side facial paralysis - intact facial nerve
1.31.14 - Gold weight implant and tarsal flap
2.17.14 RETURNED to work :)
10.6.14 - 10 month MRI shows stable

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: summer heat
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 01:55:50 pm »
morning all.
My husband had his surgery in December. He has always worked in a warehouse in the heat with no issues. But now, even cutting the grass, this extreme heat zaps all energy from him and he notices that he is more "wobbly" than he was during the winter months. So I told him I would ask if this is common....will get better with time....or just part of the "new normal"

Thanks in advance

Your husband underwent a complicated 12-hour surgery so his body was stressed and this has a long-term negative effect.  He may regain some stamina in time as his body completely heals but his inability to surmount high heat conditions that sap his energy level is more likely than not his 'new normal'.   :(  However, there are always exceptions.  I hope your husband is one of them.   :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

william5822

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 04:30:07 am »
Thank you Jim.
I told him that it was going to take a while for him to build his stamina back up.
He is a truck driver and since his surgery no longer drives a truck. He plans to maintain his CDL license if they will allow him too. He goes for his health assessment soon. At the same company he works in the warehouse and it just gets so hot. I feel bad for him because he wants to give 100% at work. But in due time ;)
3 cm AN removed 12.3.13 - 12 hours in surgery
Emory Healthcare Midtown Atlanta
Left Side facial paralysis - intact facial nerve
1.31.14 - Gold weight implant and tarsal flap
2.17.14 RETURNED to work :)
10.6.14 - 10 month MRI shows stable

TexasSprinter

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 11:12:04 pm »
I am six months post-op. It took a while to get my energy back but seem to be okay on the physical front. (But still stressed from single-sided deafness). I hope things improve for your husband.