Author Topic: Saw the doctor....  (Read 4398 times)

Edith

Saw the doctor....
« on: September 19, 2006, 04:14:49 pm »
Just went to my doctors appt.  He has two cocnerns, 1) the tumor is near the brain. 2) the tumor has cysts and usually those grow quicker.  Does anyone out there have any info on this???  Have to have repeated hearing tests & MRI.

I live in Canada, no Dramamine here for dizziness!  Hopefully I will get to the US in the next few days to get some.

Please help!

Kathleen_Mc

Re: Saw the doctor....
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 07:44:33 pm »
Edith: 1. here in Canada you can get Rx from your doctor for things that may help the vertigo (antivert,serc).
2. my orginal tumor was displacing the posterior lobe and approaching the brain stem, displacement of some brain area's just cause additional symptoms and other area's being displaced can be critical. Did your doctor say where abouts it is approaching the brain?
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

Laura

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 10:50:23 am »
Edith - I'm sorry to hear of your doctors concerns. Can you give us the details of your tumor (such as size, side, etc)?
Also - this is the first I've heard of a tumor with a cyst tends to grow faster. I do recall my doctor saying there was a cyst in mine too but never thought twice about it until reading your post.  I would also be interested in hearing everyone's comments on this topic!

I do hope you make it to the US to get your meds soon!

Laura

Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

lmurray69

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 08:46:50 pm »
Edith  , I am so sorry ,I do hope that everythig works out ok for you. I had never heard of cyst on the tumor..is it like little bubbles , have you seen your mri...I would be interested in seeing it..can you post it on here..?
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Edith

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 07:07:02 pm »
Edith - I'm sorry to hear of your doctors concerns. Can you give us the details of your tumor (such as size, side, etc)?
Also - this is the first I've heard of a tumor with a cyst tends to grow faster. I do recall my doctor saying there was a cyst in mine too but never thought twice about it until reading your post.  I would also be interested in hearing everyone's comments on this topic!

I do hope you make it to the US to get your meds soon!

Laura

Laura,

The results of my first MRI show that My tumor (located on the right side) is 14 x 12 x 12mm and cone shaped. The few paragraphs of information the doctor has provided are very hard to understand. Untill I famillerize myself more with my condition I'm at a loss to fully discribe my situation. I'm currently waiting to under go another MRI in a few weeks and should know more then.

Laura

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 11:39:00 am »
Hi Edith... any updates from your new MRI?
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

kippy6

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 10:44:23 pm »
Hi Edith,

I had a cyst in addition to my tumor. My cyst was about the same size as my tumor. My guess is that the cyst grows more quickly than the tumor does. Let us know once you get more info.
AN surgery July 19, 2006
for 3cm AN and arachnoid cyst (right side)
Translab surgical approach
Dr. Brackmann and Dr. Hitselberger
House Ear Insititute