Author Topic: What Happened to Dr. John C. Goddard at HEI?  (Read 5705 times)

cpchri1

What Happened to Dr. John C. Goddard at HEI?
« on: May 15, 2014, 02:31:47 pm »
Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Goddard?  I went to show someone his CV at House Clinic's website at http://www.houseearclinic.com/staff/neurotologists and his photo and name are no longer there.  He was my Neurotologist for my middle fossa approach and is a fantastic person too.  Just concerned about his whereabouts.  Anyone know?
.7 x .6 x .5 cm left middle fossa approach 2/26/14
50% hearing loss left side before 2/26/14
50% hearing loss left side after 2/26/14
No evidence of malignancy
Bell's Palsy left side 15 years before 2014

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: What Happened to Dr. John C. Goddard at HEI?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 07:32:12 am »
Try this link to Saint Vincent's hospital in Los Angeles. http://stvincent.dochs.org/our-services/ear-surgery/our-team/john-c-goddard-m-d/

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cpchri1

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 05:37:31 pm »
Thanks Jim- I called House yesterday and they said he left the State last week.  HEI removed him from their website but not St. Vincent Medical Center.  Goddard is a good doctor and I'm shocked to hear he left since he was only there for about 3 years.  HEI wouldn't (or couldn't) tell me where he was landing so I'm perplexed because he did my middle fossa at the end of February (2014) and I was wondering how to contact him for follow ups.  Anyone reading this and know where Dr. John C. Goddard relocates, please post a message.  Thanks.

cpchri1

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 10:10:11 am »
I'm posting a response to my origional question for those in the Kaiser Permanente system.  Dr. John C. Goddard relocated to the Portland, Oregon area to Kaiser Permanente.  It was a big loss for House but my understanding was he wanted to get his young family out of the LA congestion.  So those with Kaiser Insurance now have a good resource to go to.  Goddard is very knowledgeable, compassionate, and great to talk to. I was so happy to get to know him and have him be my primary surgeon in my operation that he did while he was associated with House Clinic in LA.  His address is:

Otolaryngology Department
9900 Se Sunnyside Rd
Clackamas, OR 97015

You can look him up on the web.  Travel to see him for even a consultation would be well worth anyones time.  I hope to be able somehow to see him again some day (even though I am not with Kaiser).