Author Topic: headaches  (Read 2281 times)

rodneyd

headaches
« on: April 18, 2014, 03:05:26 pm »
Hi everyone,

For the past two months I have been having daily headaches.  They are always in my right temple area, and the pain is not very intense, it just seems to come and go and doesn't last a long time (a couple of minutes usually).  I sometimes wake up with the headache, and other times it just seems to appear at various times of the day.

I was wondering if the headaches are related to my .9 cm AN in my left ear?  Does anyone else have symptoms similar to this?

Thanks for any response you can provide,

rodneyd
74year old male, 8.3x7.3x6.5 mm AN on 10-28-13.  MRI on 12-30-13 showed no growth.  Imbalance issues and mild tinnitus.  MRI on July 13, 2014 showed no growth.  Still on W & W and taking baby-aspirin regimen.  MRI in July, 2016 show slow growth (1.1 cm).  MRI on July 24, 2017 was 8.2 x 8.6 x 8 mm!

Ruthie Mac

Re: headaches
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 04:12:02 pm »
Headaches are a common symptom of an AN, but they could also be caused by something else. I get headaches frequently, but they are often sinus related, and respond well to Advil Cold & Sinus.
You should definitely talk to your Doctor about the headaches, to find some relief.
Ruth
4/1/2013  1 cm x 1.6 cm left ear
11/1/2013 SRS Varian Trilogy UMass Medical (4 sessions)
hearing is still good, slight tinnitus, working on balance issues

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 09:15:05 pm »
Lots of people I know who have, or had, ANs have headaches, but I've never experienced them.

Not pre op; not post op.

It could be your AN or it could be a number of other things.

Sometimes stress can cause headaches and as we all know ANs can be stressful; perhaps that's the reason for yours.

Just a thought.

Hope you find relief soon,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kat From Indiana

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 06:54:31 pm »
Morning headaches could be a sign of sleep apnea.  If you snore or are a large person, it is something to think about.
My headaches start at the base of my neck and move on up to the head.  These are probably tension or stress headaches.  I have a collar filled with cherry pits, which I put in the microwave and then around my shoulders and neck.  It helps me.  Good luck finding relief.
Diagnosed 3/29/14 Right Side AN 8mm x 3mm x 4mm
GK UPMC 6/13/14
MRI 12/03/2014

LindaZ

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 08:01:07 am »
Rodney,

It's been 7 months for me and I had my tumor removed, but I get the same head swelling pain as you.  It only last about 10 minutes, sometimes a little longer.  I have read that your brain swells more if your horizontal.  So I sleep propped up on 2 pillows, and take 2 extra strength tylenols before bed and that seems to help.  Especially if I've had a busy day. If I wake up during the night, if I rub the area and hold my hand on it, it tends to fade away. I usually don't have any pain during the day.  I went out dancing a couple times and I'm only good for 1 dance, then I need to rest.

Linda
54 yr. old female
Trigeminal Neuralgia 1999 to 2013
Diagnosis June 2013 MRI, 3 cm AN, surgery Sept. 2013
Lahey Clinic, Burlington, MA