Author Topic: fullness and loss of sensation on surgery side of head  (Read 1858 times)

mommyfahmy

fullness and loss of sensation on surgery side of head
« on: April 14, 2014, 09:01:09 am »
I am 3 weeks post-op and feeling better everyday. I would like to know if anyone experienced a heavy, fullness on their surgical side of head?? If so,how long did this last?
My headaches are not bad and my balance is far better than I thought it would be. I did loose hearing in my right ear and have facial paralysis. I was told my facial nerve was not severed, but merely damaged and in "shock" from the surgery. My right eye is currently stitched shut(as it would not close and they were concerned about damage to the cornea), and I am getting a platinum bar placed under my upper eyelid  to help my eye close.
I would appreciate any feedback.

TexasSprinter

Re: fullness and loss of sensation on surgery side of head
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 02:24:19 pm »
I wish you a speedy recovery.  I had a "fullness" feeling in my surgery-side ear after both AN surgeries (middle fossa in Dec. 2012 and translab in Dec. 2013).  I still notice it a little.

LindaZ

Re: fullness and loss of sensation on surgery side of head
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 08:35:38 am »
I'm 7 months post-op and in the same boat as you.  I had a gold weight put in my eye right away, and it helped me close my eye.  I also lost my hearing.  I always said it felt like a wall was sitting on that side of my face, or like a truck hit me...in the beginning.  After a few months it changed to a 2x4 on the side of my face.  Now the pressure seems to be gone, but I still have stiffness.  The muscle is starting to show in my face, and i have moisture, so my dr. Is thinking of taking the weight out in June.  My dr. Said it could be a year of recovery.  I still have paralysis and their not sure that it's going to go away, so I just keep hoping.  Time heals!

Linda
54 yr. old female
Trigeminal Neuralgia 1999 to 2013
Diagnosis June 2013 MRI, 3 cm AN, surgery Sept. 2013
Lahey Clinic, Burlington, MA