Author Topic: Ringing Ear Relief  (Read 9866 times)

jak1

Re: Ringing Ear Relief
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 03:40:09 pm »
agree with the consensus here.. I have tried everything for my tinnitus.. nothing works for me.. hearing aid device with zen mode, chinese herbs, diet changes, TNS (tran-cranial magnetic stimulation, acupuncture, white noise machine..  for me personally, nothing has worked and at times it is so loud that actually it seems like both ears ring.. .it is worse with caffeine, when I am hungry, rain or snow weather, if i eat lots of salt, if i am tired (vicious circle as it affects my sleep),etc…

It really is a bugger of an issue.. and so hard to explain to people as they just do not get it.. they can not see it or hear it..

anyway, so far, just wasted time, money and energy in my quest to solve my tinnitus with no real progress…  if anyone finds success.. please fill me in..
2.7cm AN diagnosed 4/11.  Stanford CK 5/11.

kristin

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 12:55:55 am »
I have been noticing a large increase of tinnitus in the past few months. I'm almost 9 years post op and have never had ringing like this before. It is driving me crazy!! I read someone say that it might be a change in the weather? I'm really hoping that is it and this will go away. I saw a few home remedies on here....Is there anything else I can do besides ramp up my vitamins and decrease my caffeine?

Thanks,

Kristin
8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 09:01:16 pm »
You can have all the coffee, tea, and sodas you want.  Just drink decaf.  Coke and Pepsi both make decaf.  Was very hard at beginning because of withdrawal, and getting though the headaches.  But now I only drink decaf drinks.  Doctor says going off caffeine is better for you anyway.

TJ

MG

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 07:49:54 pm »
Today I had lunch out and had a wonderful baked ham and swiss grilled sandwich. When I got home an hour later I had a very bad case of tinnitis and pain in my ear. I quickly took an Advil gelcap and after about a half hour it was better. I do think it was caused by the salty ham sandwich. I drank a lot of water which helps to hydrate too. I guess I won't be eating salty foods now. What a bummer.  :-\

Take care,
MG
Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016

kcarloy

• Translab 12/11/13 at House
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2013, 10:09:15 pm »
When my ear noises get too loud, I plug my hearing ear and take about 5 slow deep breathes, and when I unplug the noise is much better and sometimes gone for a period of time:)

MG

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2013, 05:13:53 am »
Thanks for the tip Kcarloy. I will try it! :)
Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016